Baby Steps

Options
Finally cracking down and looking to lose 30-40 between now and January. I work best with small goals (starting with 10lbs, then 10 more etc). My ultimate goal is 50lbs. I've had depression most of my life, and after starting on medication and quitting smoking this year I gained about 40lbs. At 5' 7" 180lbs I am feeling lethargic and uncomfortable. My knees and back hurt, and my belly is getting harder and harder to tuck away.

I was 130 when I got pregnant with my son in 2011 and walked out of the delivery room with just 5lbs left to lose. He's 3 now and although I realize its not likely I'll be 130 any time soon it is a goal I find realistic to aim for in the long run (maybe 18 months or 2 years?).

I want to start using my elliptical again for 30 minutes at a time, and then up it to 45, and again to 60. I've already started taking nightly 20-30minute walks with my son. Counting calories now too, but we eat pretty clean anyway.

What kinds of steps are you taking toward your lifestyle change? Have you had similar weight gain from medication or smoking cessation?

Looking to build a support network of friends with similar goals.

Replies

• tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good luck :flowerforyou: feel free to add me, I log in everyday, but my diary is not very good lol xx
  • AqualaviaJenkins
    Options
    I have recently signed in again but it's because this week I was diagnosed with diabetes. I weigh 100 lbs where I should weigh and I want to get this off. I am not that far gone and it is reversible but I have to work hard. I gave up Pepsi which was not easy after 25 years of drinking it.

Please feel free to add me for motivation and support. It really is all about baby steps.
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)

I have trying my best to eat clean. But I gained some weight back because of depression. I haven't been exercising as much as I used to either. But I'm back with a lot of determination to finish what I started!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • shuasmith
    Options
    Over the last year I have slowly traded a soda addiction for water and started learning some healthy recipes I liked (zucchini noodle lasagna, yummm) and just making similar small changes that has led to my recent take on of full on 'lets get healthydomness.'
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on giving up soda!

One step toward your health that will definitely make a huge difference
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Over the last year I have slowly traded a soda addiction for water and started learning some healthy recipes I liked (zucchini noodle lasagna, yummm) and just making similar small changes that has led to my recent take on of full on 'lets get healthydomness.'

That lasagna sounds fantastic!