Pumpkin Spice Latte, Coming to a SB too soon!

Options

Replies

• lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i just came here to say that i hate starbucks. outrageous prices for sugar loaded drinks, no spank you

Agreed. And they've only just started paying UK corporate taxes. Shocking, generic, and depressing. The fact that everyone is here from all corners of the globe talking about the exact same coffee is just awful.

Go support your local coffee shop. :smooched:

That will work if you have a local coffee shop. Other than gas stations.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    TOO SOON :angry:
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    YIPPEEE!!! Sorry this is how excited I get for the Pumpkin Spice latte.

I order mine nonfat, no whip and last year discovered I like the pumpkin spice cut back with 1 pump of SF vanilla added. It gives it a bit more of a pumpkin pie flavor.
    I also consider this a dairy serving so I'm willing to give up a little cheese on a Starbucks day.

You can make some pumpkin treats at home too, since it is still fairly warm when PSL's come out you can make smoothies at home, plain greek yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, canned pumpkin and a little ice in the blender is perfect.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Your best option is to do it nonfat with no whip. That's about as low calorie as you can get it. Go for a small. The syrup itself is pretty calorie ladened so there is little you can do for that aspect since it doesn't have a "skinny" sugarfree option. Another option is to get iced coffee with nonfat. The iced coffee itself is only about 10 calories thenfigure about 70 cals (approx.) for each pump of pumpkin. You can add a splash of nonfat which would add a handful of calories, like 20.

The jist of the story is if you want them bad enough then just make room for it in your macros and you should be fine. Enjoy the pumpkin spice.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I order mine nonfat, no whip and last year discovered I like the pumpkin spice cut back with 1 pump of SF vanilla added. It gives it a bit more of a pumpkin pie flavor.
    I also consider this a dairy serving so I'm willing to give up a little cheese on a Starbucks day.

You can make some pumpkin treats at home too, since it is still fairly warm when PSL's come out you can make smoothies at home, plain greek yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, canned pumpkin and a little ice in the blender is perfect.

I'm going to have to try the vanilla idea. Thanks
  • Satr33
    Satr33 Posts: 8
    Options
    All good advice. This particular drink has always been a problem for me. Addiction = Extreme!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Yay! Pumpkin season is my favorite time of the year!

I get mine with skim milk, no whip and ask them to use 1/2 the normal amount of syrup. I'm not usually a fan of sweet coffee (I typically drink mine with cream, no sugar), so I find the regular pumpkin spice lattes way too sweet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    i just came here to say that i hate starbucks. outrageous prices for sugar loaded drinks, no spank you

lol

yeah they just look at me like I have 3 eyes when I say I want a large black coffee with room for milk.

Also- I don't like pumpkin drinks- but I forgot- it's totally that time of year soon. Which makes me sad. Because winter makes me depressed.
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Archer farms (Target brand) also has a pumpkin spice sugar free syrup. I personally prefer them to the Toani brand. I'm also not afraid of artificial sweeteners so that helps.

Yes! I have tried their sugar free peppermint syrup and it was good. Great idea! Starbucks is a rip-off!
  • alyssamaryw
    Options

I am SO trying the smoothie idea! Thank you! :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :drinker:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    My local coffee shop makes the absolute worst lattes. And I normally just order a plain latte (unsweetened) there or Starbucks. Their brewed coffee is also anemic. I do sometimes buy whole roasted beans there, but my mother in law got us a keurig for christmas last year and I'm lazy, so just do 2 k-cups most days since I find putting my own ground coffee in one of the reusable filters has odd results.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtckbeIy2X1qhub34o1_400.gif
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    2ae21901481bfe2290368922754ae03034598a2fa391424cf18ac2cb7f32fd73.jpg
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    IT'S STILL AUGUST.

watch out... tomorrow your local grocery store will start hauling out the christmas candy displays.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Salted Caramel Mocha > Pumpkin Spice Latte
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    2ae21901481bfe2290368922754ae03034598a2fa391424cf18ac2cb7f32fd73.jpg

QFT
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Salted Caramel Mocha > Pumpkin Spice Latte

:love: :love: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    enhanced-buzz-2486-1378828366-39.jpg
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Torani sugar-free syrups for coffees? they add a nice taste , they do have a mild splenda aftertaste, tho.

This. That stuff is crap. Not just pumpkin spice. I know I'm about to sound elitist, but here goes: don't you want coffee to taste like coffee? It's like people who only drink vanilla oatmeal stouts. Don't you like beer? Not pumpkin vanilla chocolate oyster latte beers? Jeeeeeeez, is that sugar syrup ever bad for you. Just cut that sh@t out. Drink some real coffee or eat some pumpkin pie.

ETA: Dang it, I quoted the wrong post. It was the third post on the first page that said this stuff is awful. I don't approve of sugar free syrups, as they probably kill you more quickly than sugar syrups.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

This was the quote. It might be worse than cigarettes. Paying to kill yourself. AND it tastes bad. Remind yourself that real dessert tastes way better than this crap. Here's a good example of me tricking myself: I drink diet soda b/c it doesn't have the calories, but that crap doesn't taste good if I really admit it to myself. Real cream with strawberries tastes good. Diet soda tastes like robot sweat!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Watch "Lego Movie: Drink Overpriced Coffee" on YouTube - Lego Movie: Drink Overpriced Coffee: http://youtu.be/KTX4DPN8DEE

I do love Starbuck...just not the price or calories. :smile: