30, 2 kids, work full time (I'm new too)

Options
WifeMomDVM
WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
So after being on here for nearly a week, I've finally decided to introduce myself.

Hi.

I just turned 30 and realized that if I want to live a long time (I do) and see my kids' kids grow up (I do) I need to become a better, healthier me. I've always been just "a few pounds overweight" in a family full of skinny, fit people. My few pounds overweight is about 30 lbs overweight. I don't have excuses, most of us have kids, jobs, busy lives, etc... we all have 24 hours in our day, it's all in how we choose to use our time.

I'm looking for female friends (sorry guys, but I'm married and while there are nice guys out there, I won't friend you out of respect for my husband) with similar goals so we can motivate one another. A sense of humor doesn't hurt either. :)

So, I have two little girls (3 and 1) and I work full-time as a veterinary surgeon. I love to eat and hate to exercise.

Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?

Replies

• MelissaBrooks103
    Options
    Hi there,

I am new here too... I am 29, have two kids (although 3 pregnancies... carried a child as a surrogate for my friend), and have about 15 pounds to lose. My goal is to get closer to where I was before I had all these babies! I work at a desk all day, and don't have a lot of time to workout. I have trouble staying within my calories for the day, unless I stay at home!! Eating out is killer! Christmas and the cruise I took last week sure didn't help either... I want to lose some weight, feel better, and fit into my clothes nicer, with the least effort possible!! Lol..
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and a mother of 3 (10, 6, and 3.) I am a reporter and never know what I'm doing each day, but I make sure to take an hour out of each day to go to they gym. It's about half a block from my job, so that helps a lot. When I can't make it during my work day, I come home, eat, leave my kids with my mom and take my brother and eldest to the gym for a night time work out.

It's not easy, but it does get better and when you start seeing results, you will want to get out there and work,

Another thing that works for me is on the weekends I use that time to do something physical with the kids. Hiking, sledding, playing frisbee or riding bikes. It's a fun way to get in my exercise while spending time with my kiddies.

I hope this helps.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello I am a mother of 3. A 6 yr old son, a 3 yr old daughter and a 8 month old son. I am 26 years old and SO ready to lose all of the weight I gained with all of my kids! I am a Licensed Massage Therapist and I have to fit excercise in any where I can as I am sure you can fully understand! Feel free to friend me and we can support each other in this journey! Good Luck to you!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 30 with 2 sons, 3 and 8 months. I am active duty military in Japan. I am here(on MFP) to get healthy to be a good healthy example for my children. In other words, I am finally doing this for me, using my kids as my motivation. Good luck to you!
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    Hello!

I am Angela. I have 3 kids ages 2,6 & 7. I work FT as a CNA . I actually joined in Dec but didn't really explore till a few days ago and really like it!
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Looking for friends here, too. Although not "new" I am new to actually utilizing the site. :) I am 31 and have 3 kids. They are 19, 7, and 4. I will be married 10 years to quite possibly the most awesome guy for me in June of 2011. I am a special education teacher who teaches K-grade 5 students with Autism in Minnesota. I am learning to love exercise more than eating. I MUST have my music when I exercise, otherwise I can't get through it. :) I prefer the elliptical but have also done recumbant bike and various DVDs. I have an affinity for Jillian Michaels and love watching the Biggest Loser. I also have her 30 Day Shred DVD and 2 other BL DVDs. This is the first time in my life where I am learning to love the lifestyle change that comes with losing weight. Here's to our journeys and healthier selves!

Feel free to friend me if interested.....
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    I am 30 as well and have 2 little girls ages 6 and 3. i work at a bank full time and know all to well how hard it is to balance out everything but it is possible and having great friends on here to cheer you on is a huge motivator :) I don't have a lot of weight to loose so it seems to be taking a long time!! Feel free to add me it sounds like we have quite a bit in common! Good luck :)
  • asm12707
    Options
    hi, i am a mother of two wonderful children ages 3 1/2yrs and 2 1/2 months. i work 40 a week and am going to school. oh yeah and im married so im a busy mommy. i am trying to loose 36 more pounds, and ive been here for almost 2 wks.
  • happymom1197
    Options
    I'm 31. A busy mom who would love to be a heathy role model for my two kids. I have tried every diet and have even starved myself thin, but this time I really want to do it right and find a weight I am comfortable at for the rest of my life. I don't want my 5 year old daughter having body issues because of me. I don't want my 1 year old son to see super-skinny as beautiful. I just want to be healthy. I want them to be healthy. I already cook healthy, but I was over-eating and ordering out at work. Now I'm watching my portions and training for a 5k in April. I found free podcasts on iTunes:) I would really love the friendship and support of any of you ladies out there who may be going thru the same thing. I'm a great cheerleader and would love to be cheered on too! I have 17 pounds to go until my next goal of 180 pounds. I know it's not thin, but for me it sure does feel good. Lol
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new, but still looking for friends to help motivate one another. I work full time and have a nearly 11 month old son. I've already lost 25 lbs in those 11 months, but need to lose another 31 lbs to get to a healthy weight. I've been overweight for a few years now and it makes me sad to look in the mirror and see photos of myself. Perhaps this is the year! Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend so that we can help each other.
  • ldb316
    ldb316 Posts: 13
    Options
    35, mother of 2 boys (14 and 2)...yeah you read right, the terrible teens and the terrible two's!!!!! work full time and have an hour and 15 minute commute!!!! i love our new home, but geez, i'm exhausted! i hate exercise, but would love to figure out how to fit in my schedule since i've started to try and eat right and stay under my calorie goal, but i'm not losing the poundage.
  • Mustangmandy1982
    Options
    Hi! I am 28 and the mother of two children, 4 and 6. I am happily married to the love of my life. I am a mammography technologist and love being a part of helping to save women's lives. My husband and I are starting the P90X on Monday and I am very excited! I have always "dieted" but now it's time to eat the right way and stay active. I worked out almost the entire year last year up until about August/September. I began to start eating junk food again and slacking on the gym. I started back January 3rd due to a weight-loss challenge we started at work. That was just the beginning because now I am in it for the long haul. I can't wait to be fit and see my muscles outlined again. I enjoy reading and photography. I also enjoy being busy, believe-it-or-not. :) My daughter has been into dancing since she was three and she also took on another activity this year, Girl Scouts. My son will be playing his second year of t-ball this year as well. We all stay very busy around my house! :) This is an awesome site and already in the two weeks I've been on it I've had more encouragment than ever before! I really enjoy meeting new people and being a part of a wonderful, healthy environment! Welcome to MFP!
  • mommamo5
    Options
    Hey Ladies! My name is Michelle and I'm 29 years old. I'm married, have a 14 year old step-daughter (my husband had her pretty young) and two sons ages 6 and 18 months. Like some of you, I am looking forward to starting a healthier lifestyle. I can't believe some of the things that I was eating and the amount of calories in them. I try to get on the treadmill at least every other night and am hoping to run a 5K soon. Welcome to all of you and feel free to friend me.
  • darla48
    darla48 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!! I have been a member for 20 days. I am a mom of Twin sons, who are 12. I am married and I work full time in an office that supports people with disabilities. I too am looking for firends with the same goals as me...so feel free to add me!

Good Luck to you all!!!