Im Back! 14 Months In...

Options
Chimis_Siq
Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
I decided to take a picture today because the shirt Im wearing is looser then normal...comparing my pics from 14 months ago to today...I see the hard work Ive put into this.

Some of you may have seen my monthly posts ...

I started at 272 and just sick. I had everything bad healthwise you could think of: sleep apnea, high blood pressure, anemia, irregular heavy periods, Hormones all over the place, depression, migraines and most of all the weight was now crushing my bones. I felt heavy. I couldnt walk longer then 5 minutes. I was only 29 and felt like I was 80. Tired all the time too. It hurt to lay down.

Now...225 (+/- 5 lbs) everything is gone. I am now running. 10 weeks ago I could run about 30-60 secs and now Im up to 58 minutes and in 105-112 degree heat!!! I never thought I would say any of that. Life is good. I am happy and so close to 100% health. :) My scale is non-moving and has been for months but my body is improving. I am taking shape (not round lol) and my body does new things everyday! I think I am officially down two sizes in pants and down from a 2xl to a XL (loose in pic). Screw the scales!!

Advice for those beginning? Do not look at how far you have to go. You will get overwhelmed. Look at today. Look at the great things you did today. Do things differently. The same actions yield the same results.

Thanks for reading!!:)

2w7n21l.jpg

Replies

• staylo13
    staylo13 Posts: 13
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic. Keep it up!!!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Great advice for people just starting out! You look terrific! I don't even run in that kind of heat!:laugh: :drinker:
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Great advice for people just starting out! You look terrific! I don't even run in that kind of heat!:laugh: :drinker:

Thanks..its what Ive learned along the way. Well..I had no choice. I ran once on a tread..gawd it was boring ..so I opted to run outside...but no worries, I believe I have adjust to the heat already so when it hits under 105 Im so happy! LOL...weird.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic. Keep it up!!!
    \
    Aw thank you!
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    thanks for your post, it is very inspirational. your right about only thinking about today. besides, it takes along time to get out of shape, so it stands to reason it would take some time to get back. I jogged for the first time last night. i think it was getting dark and my bladder was full so i had to hurry around the lake, or maybe i stumbled and kinda fell into a jog. i dont know for sure, it all happened so fast but i will gladly take that for motivations. i started at 280 and an down to 234 this morning. i have been donating all my cloths as they become to big. thanks again for your post
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You look great! And good job with the running - keep it up, but don't risk overuse injuries. Find a new activity to add into your exercise mix. Not only will it keep you motivated but it will use different muscles and therefore shape your body, too.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and you look great
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Thanks..its what Ive learned along the way. Well..I had no choice. I ran once on a tread..gawd it was boring ..so I opted to run outside...but no worries, I believe I have adjust to the heat already so when it hits under 105 Im so happy! LOL...weird.

My bff is from Arizona...so I know exactly what you mean. She complains every time it's NOT over 100 here! haha
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So good! Well done on your accomplishments! You look terrific and must feel sooooo much better! Keep up the incredible work. I like what you said about the scale!! SCREW IT!!
  • aedominey
    aedominey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication and resulting progress!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Beautiful! You look great! And good job with the running - keep it up, but don't risk overuse injuries. Find a new activity to add into your exercise mix. Not only will it keep you motivated but it will use different muscles and therefore shape your body, too.

Yes i try to incorporate walking, some dumbbells . Need to get back into biking too..one day at a time :)
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options

My bff is from Arizona...so I know exactly what you mean. She complains every time it's NOT over 100 here! haha

lol...yep.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Welcome back and you look great

Thank you :):flowerforyou:
  • urwhaturnot
    urwhaturnot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    thanks for your post, it is very inspirational. your right about only thinking about today. besides, it takes along time to get out of shape, so it stands to reason it would take some time to get back. I jogged for the first time last night. i think it was getting dark and my bladder was full so i had to hurry around the lake, or maybe i stumbled and kinda fell into a jog. i dont know for sure, it all happened so fast but i will gladly take that for motivations. i started at 280 and an down to 234 this morning. i have been donating all my cloths as they become to big. thanks again for your post

Thats so awesome!! I wish I had just started running...I kind of had to force myself...lol Great job, keep it up!! I got rid of all my clothes and donated 5 trash bags. I kept only the clothes that fit me and didnt fall off..now thats become too big, but I still wont buy a new wardrobe until im officially down and nothing fits. lol.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    You look great!

Thanks doll!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Awesome dedication and resulting progress!!

Im trying ..thank you so much. Sweat blood and tears!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    So good! Well done on your accomplishments! You look terrific and must feel sooooo much better! Keep up the incredible work. I like what you said about the scale!! SCREW IT!!

Damn scale, I hate it. I just hop on ever so often to see..
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Great motivation!

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!