New to site, Dog lover!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am new. I work full time as a Mobile Dog Groomer. I have to Boxers and have lost to motivation to get my *kitten* into gear. I use to be very active, walking to dogs every morning before work but now can't be bothered. Need some motivation, PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a blue nose pitbull, and we try to go out everyday... Where our normal route is is about 3.5 miles up a good hillclimb, then of course back down... It's also where all the housewives run and sometimes folks dont appreciate me bringin a dog, but she wears a backpack, literally carries 2 liter water bottles and wags up the hill everytime!! If I didn't have her energy level pushing me I probably wouldn't make it, something tells me your dogs are the same way and as soon as they knew "we do this EVERY day" they won't let you forget, and you really will start to feel soo much better!!!
  • KateWatchy
    Options
    Thanks, So true, they used to know everyone morning was walk time, I guess I just have to bite the bullet and get up!!!!
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks, So true, they used to know everyone morning was walk time, I guess I just have to bite the bullet and get up!!!!
    Their time with us is so short, don't waste it by laying in bed, give them a good life and improve yours in the process.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I start getting geared up in the morning, she no linger cares about her watm fuzzy bed... But Oh My God when I grab the running shoes she really starts going cukoo! Then the backpack goes on and she waits by the door, anxiously awaiting me to click on a leash and us go out in the big world!! I love it!
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've got three trained on the treadmill and by time their done I cant wait to get on myself. If I go first BabyGirl will stand there and stare at me impatiently waiting. I gotta tell ya its funny. I look at her, how she lives in the present, not thinking twice about what is good for herself and just doing it. :smile:
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Maybe you can start with playing ball or tug a war with them or just running around the house. It's colder then heck here so my boys ( 3 Saint Bernards and a Coon Hound Great Dane mix) don't get many walks right now, but we find other ways to be active in the house where it's warm. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!!