Need Motivation

Options
I've been a member for a while now. My biggest issues are losing my motivation and keeping myself accountable. I need friends that will make me feel like I can keep going and work harder. I would like to lose at least 50 pounds as this past year I have gained around 20. I am ready to feel like a new person and stop making excuses!

I also need inspiration when it comes to recipes/different foods. I know that I want to be eating healthier, the question is what do I eat? If anyone has some wonderful, healthy, wholesome recipes then let me know!

Replies

• goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I to tend to lose the motivation when I stop seeing results so having someone to encourage me along my journey is extremely appreciated!!! Feel free to add me to To the eating portions of your comment I tend to use a smaller plate @ home & always ask for a doggie box when we go out to eat before I even start eating just so I can cut my meal in half & maybe have for later (dinner). Always have a glass or two of water before you eat & after you eat this helps keep my full. Try to eat your salad before your real meal if possible, this one I still have issues with. Really just watch what you eat & try to stay away from fatty, greesy fast foods. Yeah right :wink: Feel free to add me we can encourage each other!!!
  • melissafortin146
    melissafortin146 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amparero: You are off on the right start by acknowledging that you want to stop making excuses. I found it easy in the past to talk myself right out of working out, jogging or any sort of exercise . But I made up my mind and said to my nasty little voice (in my head) I will not give you control of failure or quitting. It was hard at first, (first 2 weeks) And yes, I didn't see any changes. I refused to quit. after about the 4 to 5 week range, I started to notice small changes in inches ( around my waist) . Now the weight still wasn't moving off. So then I joined MFP and used the calorie counter , and that made me open my eyes to how I was not eating the way I should have been. After changing eating habits, it took about 2 weeks and then I noticed the weight was coming off. I have pushed myself and kept going even when I didn't want to. I wouldn't even let the rain stop me. I joined a gym for those days. Today I finally saw the scales go below 150 and I just smiled and said... I am on the right track.. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Good luck to you and don't stop fighting for what you want
  • NicoleLawrence98
    NicoleLawrence98 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    lots of people experiance loss of motivation, I know I have. But make your mind set on why your doing it, and Imagine the outcome! Make a fitness motivation canvas with pictures of fitness quotes and pictures of you. Go on google and look for nice meals, have a crappy low calorie breakfast and lunch then have a delicious dinner. I have a brunch between 10 and 11 so your only having one meal, untill dinner time and you can have a snack
  • tfisher679
    tfisher679 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Counting calories on MFP will definitly help a lot as long as you stck to it on a daily basis. I've noticed a lot of changes in me and not all of on the scale. For instance it's easier to do that mile or my mile is now 2. Clothes definitly feel loser than they previously have and so on. If you feel the need for some friendly motivation don't hesitate to add me as a friend.