RUNNING

Options
How fast would you expect a fairly active, but overweight girl, to be able to run? I'm 173lbs, 5'3 and run 5ks in 33-34 minutes. Is that fast (for my weight) or do I look like a slowpoke huffin' it on the sidewalk? Not that I'm worried, I'll still run. I'm just curious!

Replies

• OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I think size can be relative when it comes to running. I've seen people pass me who are bigger, I've seen people pass me who are smaller than me.

The fastest I've ran a 5K in is 27 mins. I am 5'3'' and weight 139 lbs.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter because the only person you can compare your speed to is yourself. Just be the best you can be
  • mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! Good job! I am 5'3 58ish kg. Last night I ran 7km in about 33min but that's on a treadmill-I'm still getting use to the treadmill. It's a lot different than running outdoors with the ups and downs of the road which I prefer much more. Are you looking to get faster or extend your distance? I like to run further normally, speed comes after. In my opinion, it's best to focus on one at a time rather than both otherwise you may injure yourself. I normally average about 12km an hour out on the road which has a lot of hills in my area. I am not an expert runner, just run for fitness and stress release! Keep going-running is amazing!