So discouraged!! help!! plzzz

Options
Hey everyone, so, my husband and I have been on weight watchers since aug 1rst. I lost 5 pounds the first week and today for the second week...i weighed myself and gained 0.2 . Yesssss, i know its only 0.2 but i cant accept that its a gain and been following the plan so i dont get it. Also...today, all I ate was: stir fried veggies (eggplant, zucchini, red pepper and onion) with 30g of cacciocavallo cheese , about a cup of polents, shrimp, smoked salmon (4oz) and a cup of pineapple. Considering what I ate, I got super bloated (I look pregnant). I donno why i get so bloated. I get very gasy. Any ideas why this happens.. Any help would be appreciated . tnx in advance!

Replies

• ILuvIt78
    Options
    Most people lose a decent amount the first week and the second feels like failure. Ever watch The Biggest Loser, they talk about week 2.

As for the bloating, etc, I don't know the cause and I'd hate to speculate. Did you stay within your points? Add any seasoning that may be salty? Something caused it. I cannot eat rice and carbs of that nature. I blow up like a balloon!! I suggest keeping a close eye on foods and see how they affect you.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I say, put the scale away for a month, hit your calorie goal, exercise 5-6 days a week....and watch what happens!
  • MtlNadia
    Options
    I say, put the scale away for a month, hit your calorie goal, exercise 5-6 days a week....and watch what happens!

Thanks for the advice! However, I have succeeded with weight watchers in the past so for me its my confort zone. also, how do u count calories for foods that dont have calories like *fruits, veggies etc. another thing is im not very active to begin with so exercising 5,6 times a week is a huge leap all at once for me.
  • MtlNadia
    Options
    Most people lose a decent amount the first week and the second feels like failure. Ever watch The Biggest Loser, they talk about week 2.

As for the bloating, etc, I don't know the cause and I'd hate to speculate. Did you stay within your points? Add any seasoning that may be salty? Something caused it. I cannot eat rice and carbs of that nature. I blow up like a balloon!! I suggest keeping a close eye on foods and see how they affect you.

Never watched biggest loser week two. what do they say about week 2. Yes, there may have been too much salt (I guess water retention) . I will keep a close eye now. Thanks for the advice!!