Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How many calories do you aim for in a work out

I usually aim for 600 calories in 45 mins
(I use a heart rate monitor)
I aim for an average heart rate of 145
and try not to drop bellow 130-135 beats per min
If i dont hit 600 calories in 45 mins i stay that little bit longer but it usually doesnt happen

was just wondering what you guys aim for

Replies

• I want to burn at least 500 in an hour - don't think I've ever not gotten to 500 in that timespan and often it's a lot higher than that :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Treadmill - 300+ calories in 30 minutes or 600+ in 60 minutes
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    I don't have a target to aim for as I just go out running regular. Been doing it for nearly 20 years.

An hours run is usually between 5 and 6 miles and burns around 750-800 calories for me at my weight.

Yesterday was unusual as I ran 10.20 miles in 1 hour 50 minutes and burned 1263 calories!!! Went out last night and had 4 pints of Coors Light and then got fish & chips on the way home and still had 460 calories unused. :-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I usually aim for 10 calories a minute (got a HRM), so 400 for my usual 40 minute workout.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Also don't aim for any particular calories loss. Also run, 3 times a week for 35 mins or so at 3.8 miles, around just over 9 min miles and burn around 470 cal.