Tracking credits for "hard work"

Options
I am curious how folks are tracking or crediting themselves for calories burned for things like yard work. I busted butt today working outdoors for 3 hours..but have no idea how many calories I burned. Any advice?

Replies

• Fitztay
    Fitztay Posts: 13
    Options
    I am curious how folks are tracking or crediting themselves for calories burned for things like yard work. I busted butt today working outdoors for 3 hours..but have no idea how many calories I burned. Any advice?
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    In the exercises there is one that is for gardening, not sure if it's what you're looking for.
  • Fitztay
    Fitztay Posts: 13
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm looking for - thank you!! I put in yard work like an idiot and nothing came up...
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    :laugh: It took me a while when I first started to figure out how everything was labeled in the exercies, but you get used to it.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it took me a while too! There is also mowing....
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    try going to calorieking.com,i found house cleaning on there and quite a few others. hope this helps . much success to you!!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY why I :heart: :heart: :heart: my HRM (heart rate monitor)....it's so empowering to see those calories add up for activities just like that. Washed windows the other day, not only did I burn calories but I still have clean shiny windows to look at.:smile::smile: :smile:

Ezzie
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY why I :heart: :heart: :heart: my HRM (heart rate monitor)....it's so empowering to see those calories add up for activities just like that. Washed windows the other day, not only did I burn calories but I still have clean shiny windows to look at.:smile::smile: :smile:

Ezzie
    I agree. My husband and I went jogging today and our goal was 600 calories on my monitor and it actually made us not give up when we both wanted to. By the time our 1.5 hour jog/walk was done, I ended up burning 850. Wahoo for HRM!!!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor/calorie-counter is the only true way to know how many calories you are burning when your doing anything. Then, you can create your own workout that you can label as "Yardwork" and enter it in your database. I just ordered my heart rate monitor online because I too got tired of playing the guessing game. They run about $40. Not too bad.:happy: