Join me in a 12 week support circle........

Options
Would any one like to join me in a 12 week weight loss support circle? I'd like to begin Monday (1/24/11) and ending Monday (4/18/11) with a goal of losing at least 1.5 pounds a week........ I'm pretty new to this. My work outs will be at home and maybe some walks outside. Mostly I'll be cutting back on the crazy eating sessions and paying close attention to the suggested calorie intake I got from this site..... We can friend each other and go from there.........

Replies

• Reia80
    Reia80 Posts: 7
    Options
    I want to join!
  • loverbey79
    Options
    I want to join too!! It is so hard to stay focused when you do it all alone!!!!
  • pinkie55
    Options
    Hi, I'm interested also. I started using this site on Monday of this week and I can certainly use some extra motivation. I'll also be doing my exercises indoors until it's warm enough to walk outside.
  • going2zion
    Options
    I think this is an excellent idea. We just started a community weight loss challenge onthe 17th for 12 weeks. We had 45 people sign up and many are on this site now since I found it. We started early to put walk to our talk (we aren't eligible anyway since we organized it) and I have had good results so far. We eat pretty healthy, it was the lack of exercise that shut our metabolism down.

A good book to help you understand your relationship with food and understanding your temptations, is "Made to Crave". It is also entertaining. Written for women, I think men would agree with her insight comletely.

This is an excellent website. Spend time personalizing it and use it to count EVERYTHING. I was surprised to see what benefits there were in the cinnamon I sprinkle on my oatmeal-2 grams of fiber.

Bon Apetit'
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'll join!
  • cakedva
    cakedva Posts: 36
    Options
    Great! I think we're already off to a great start! Thanks for the support :smile:
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Holla holla! I'm in...FUN!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm down!! :smile:

How are we going to keep track of who all is in the group (for monitoring and support) and how are we going to check-in with each other?
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Count me in!
  • pinkie55
    Options
    Cinnamon...good idea. I never thought about that. I'm going to try it on my steel cut oats the next time I have them. Thank you for sharing.
  • cakedva
    cakedva Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm down!! :smile:

How are we going to keep track of who all is in the group (for monitoring and support) and how are we going to check-in with each other?

Ummmm, I dont know how about we come to this page every Friday and post our new weights......... and we could just leave encouraging messages on this page also????
  • jek002
    jek002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join! I'm just starting my weight loss so any extra motivation I have will be great!
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i would like to join your group. Need support
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Count me in!
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be a part of it too, please!
  • kee9kee9
    Options
    Count me in. I need accountability.
  • vibeke
    vibeke Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in too! 1.5 lbs sounds healthy :)
    First weigh-in this coming Monday? That's perfect - I just started my "new and better life" this week :)

Good luck to all you ladies.
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    i'd like to join too :)
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Meet everyone here next Friday (1/28/11) for a weight check-in.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Love the idea of meeting on Fridays....of course maybe we should pop in everyday to see if anyone has questions about anything. We don't necessarily have to post each day, but just check. Also, maybe we should friend each other?