nasty taste

Options
okay ive been on a total diet change since wednesday lost 3lb already yay me... but ive got this awful taste in my mouth is this part of my diet change or nothing to do with it. xxx

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It could be acid reflux, your body detoxing, ketosis....it depends on how your changed your diet and what you are eating.
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    im no longer eating half a pack of biscuits insted im snacking on fruit not having my sugary breakfast and eating loads of veggies
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    That's normal if you've cut your carbs and upped your protein. While there are a number of reasons why I wouldn't want to do a low carb plan, I have to admit that personally that was the one that bugged me the most. I guess I'm vain and the thought of having that horrible taste and bad breath that others could smell made me never want to do a low carb plan. LOL Luckily, I function best on a high carb plan instead, so my vanity can be appeased as well as my desire to be healthy. :wink:
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    Options
    Im not really on a low carb diet my 4 year old is diabetic so we all have carbs with every meal.
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    It could be acid reflux, your body detoxing, ketosis....it depends on how your changed your diet and what you are eating.

She's right, it probably is Ketosis. You have probably cut out alot of carbs. And that will do it to you. It should go away in a week or so when your body starts to get use to the change. Maybe a little longer I am not totally for sure about that. But good Luck !!!!
  • rooney30
    Options
    I had the same thing it took about 6 4 -5 weeks before i got rid of it. i thought it was a bad tooh or somthng.
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    Options
    that long yikes how did you cope
  • rooney30
    Options
    lots of tic tacs and mouth wash