I made it 30 minutes on the ellipitcal today!!

Options
I have no one to brag that too so I had to brag on here. I started this on Monday, and Monday I was only able to go for 5 minutes, Tuesday I pushed myself and made it up to 8 minutes, Wednesday I made it 12 minutes, yesterday I made it 16 minutes and today I said push and finish the entire program and I DID IT!! I didn't go as fast as the machine wanted me too, but who cares? I Finished it!
and I have survived an entire week with no soda.

So dang proud of myself today!

Replies

• 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That is some serious progress! It feels so good to see real progress, doesn't it? That's one of the best things about keeping track of your workouts, measurements, etc. You can see the changes.

Congrats to you and keep it up!!!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    yes it does! ended the week on a bang! Now just hope I can pick it back up Monday and do 35 minutes and so forth and so forth. Won't get discouraged if I don't, but I just pushed myself and didn't stop when my sweaty body was saying stop. lol. Once I get to 40 minutes, I will work on increasing my speed.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Two major accomplishments. Keep it up.
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    That really is great progress! I find any new machine is surprisingly difficult the first few times, until all the muscles learn how to move in concert for THAT machine. On the elliptical, I could only do 5 minutes for the first week!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations for getting this far and meeting the goal you set for yourself!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    thank you!

I am very determined to do this. My husband is deployed and I want a new me when he returns, but also I got so disgusted with myself when I saw my weight at the doctor.

Surprinsgly, cutting soda was not that hard. I drank 4-6 cans a day of mountain dew, I did feel crappy but now I feel fine.

I really could have given up today, but each time I got to my give up point, I said just push it to this point. When I had 5 minutes left, I said keep going..

Granted, I was slow, way slow. but it did feel good to finish it!
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The elliptical is one of those funny things, there's those who "get it" and those who just don't......haha. I was trying to show an older gentleman how to do it, and he couldnt figure it out, I told him hold onto the bars, and just put one food in front of the other......and he eventually got it, but only lasted a couple minutes.

The elliptical is a fat/calorie killing machine :P I can attest to that.....I try to shoot for 40+5 min cooldown about 3-4 days a week.....on the elliptical.

Congrats though, when I first started I could only do 10 minutes with the machine in "cardio" mode - it monitors your Heart Rate, and will increase resistance to keep your heart rate up.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!

Way to bust through and meet your goals!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Way to go!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • fool4greys
    Options
    Congrats! I am one of those people that just isn't coordinated enough to use an elliptical :ohwell:
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Awesome job:-) Keep it up!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! You hit a milestone and those always feel great and are wonderful motivators to keep going.

I started swimming in October and could only go one length! I was discouraged but kept at it.

Today I can swim an entire mile without stopping- that is 77 lengths.

Just think...before long you'll be telling us all about you going 60 minutes on the elliptical.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Wo Hoo. Great accomplishment.

Congratulations on having small increments in your goals, this is what really leads to long term success.
    When I started to swim it took me about 8 weeks of lessons to get the technique-coordination down so I was no longer sinking or drinking pool water. Then it took me 8 weeks to progress from a 100 meter swim to a 1000 meter swim. My goals were to increase by 100 meters each week.

So I was really glad to see that you have already set your next 2 goals: 40 minutes and then increasing your speed.
    The simple plan is usually the best plan|:smile:

Now start thinking about your next Goal to add an activity. Running on a treadmill, some light weights, swimming, aqua aerobics, etc.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great job - congratulations!
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That is probably my favorite machine at Gold's Gym. Sometimes when I get to 30 min I just keep going.