Any other caregivers here to do some self caring?

Options
Hi. I am very new here. I am 50 years old and am a caregiver to my husband who was recently diagnosed with cancer. I also have a pre-teen daughter. I came to MFP because I realize that I need to take care of myself in order to have the energy and stamina to care for them. I lost over 30 lbs of 50 that I wanted to, but have stalled within the last year due to lack of activity and poor eating choices. I know that with support and motivation that I can become the healthiest and fittest I have ever been in my life. I need the goals and the challenge and really need the support.

I am looking for people here who can really help to motivate and guide me, especially with choosing at home fitness programs. I cannot afford to join a gym right now. I am looking for friends who will hang with me on this journey.

I

Replies

• arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids (2 special needs) and am wanting to lose about 50 lbs. I dont have time or money for gym, so need some motivation to do it at home. Cheers to us and good luck!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    FR sent
  • ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am providing home healthcare to my Mother -in-law so she can stay in her own home. I have a 24 year old step daughter with a behavioral and intellectual disability.(she lives in a house with two other individuals like her) I also have a mouthy, know it all 17 year old step daughter that is senior in high school. My husband is an over the road truck driver and is only home every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for two days. So, yeah, I'm here for self care.
  • digee101
    digee101 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have 3 kids (2 special needs) and am wanting to lose about 50 lbs. I dont have time or money for gym, so need some motivation to do it at home. Cheers to us and good luck!

Glad to know you!
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent- it's important to take care of yourself as well. If you can't get to a gym, there are lots of Dvd's you can get to workout at home. I have been doing Yoga for the past few months & it's been such a great low impact, stress relief exercise for me. The Biggest Loser dvd's are really good too.
  • digee101
    digee101 Posts: 13
    Options
    Enjoying the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) and alternating with the 2 mile Leslie Sansone power walk every 3rd day. Feeling stronger! Gained 2 lbs of water at the beginning of working out, but am aware that the body will hold water while it is in muscle repair mode. I am not ready to be Paleo but I have heard it is a great way of life for many people.

Husband has his first chemo on Tuesday morning and I need to keep myself in good shape physically and mentally to deal with our road ahead.