Desperate beginner

Options
I have decided to start to lose weight, but struggling. I have never been a fan of fruit and veg (I am a hideously picky eater). I have started to make home made smoothies for breakfast (banana, strawberries, raspberries soya yoghurt and oats), lunch is soup and a plain bread roll. I walk to and from the bus stop, which is a mile each way. But I don't have time to do more exercise. I wake up at 4.00,leaving the house at 4.30,and I get home at 8.00. Any advice taken, I need to lose weight, i am 5"5 tall and 14stone... I am beginning to feel depressed...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    So it sounds like you're off to a good start. You're eating fruit for breakfast, alternately you can eat the yogurt with fruit in it. You are also walking, and that counts as exercise. Since you are gone such long days you should think of packing (preplanning) your lunch and snacks. Its one day at a time.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You don't have to workout to lose weight, so even making the effort to walk is a good start.

It sounds like you're doing well adjusting to a different way of eating, but don't forget to just eat what you enjoy. Take a multivitamin and try to get variety into your diet, but don't worry about trying to eat a bunch of stuff you don't like.

How many calories are you eating? What are your macros?
  • Angela_Aisha
    Options
    My Ave calorie intake is about 700-800 daily. There are some days I struggle to eat that, I just stop being hungry. the breakdown of that is 74% carb, 16% fat and 10%protein. My body is use to the walking as I always walk everywhere, nothing is shifting.
  • cinmorrowlvn
    cinmorrowlvn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're calories are too low so your body wont lose weight. Try to get at least 1100 calories a day. You may need to add a protein shake or a meal suplement like ensure. I understand about not having an appetite but it truely makes a difference if you are able to get a minimum of 1100 calories a day. I agree that you definetly need to take a multivitamin.

Good luck!!