sick but dunno if you can workout or not

Options
read this great article (dont worry its not spam i just found it and thought ppl should read!)

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/cold-or-flu-how-to-know-if-you-re-too-sick-to-work-out-2439448/

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that if it's above the head, you're good to go. If it's below, you should rest :)

I'm off to read your article now! Thanks! :laugh:

Edit for clarity: "above the head" being a stuffy nose or headache, below is referring to throat problems, chest congestion, etc.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is that if you don't feel well (for whatever reason) you should rest. If you are sick your body needs to focus on fighting the illness, not exercising and healing muscles. You'll get over the cold or flu much faster if you rest.
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    The personal trainer I used to have refused to let me workout when I was sick, because it can make your body sicker. I would rest and hit it hard when you feel better
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is that if you don't feel well (for whatever reason) you should rest. If you are sick your body needs to focus on fighting the illness, not exercising and healing muscles. You'll get over the cold or flu much faster if you rest.

Bingo. Listen to your body