One Year, About a pound a Week.

Options
keladry89
keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
I'm down from 273+ to ~218

I couldn't see any progress, and then I looked at pics from myself from last summer and I thought, I can put that on right now and compare!

It's odd; I still feel fat, but I don't feel 270 fat, I feel like, 250 fat, I wish I felt 220 fat haha. I have trouble seeing myself as I am. It's hard for me to see the progress even when i compare the pics, isn't that odd? If it were someone else's pictures I think I would see it differently.

I hope that the next year goes as well as this last one!

Thanks for being awesome, I've been creeping around on the boards for a while, but recently I decided to be more active :]

Replies

• SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!!! You look great :)
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You look great.
  • keladry89
    Options
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    way to go, great job !
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. I started a little heavier than you and once I got down to the low 200's I noticed a difference in my body so much more. It seemed like my body suddenly transformed over night. Keep going and one day soon I bet you'll catch your reflection in a mirror and be surprised when that person is you! Best of luck, keep up the fantastic progress!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh girl, look at your face!!! You do not even look like the same person! You look 10 years younger!

It takes a while to see the change in our bodies (beyond wearing smaller clothes etc) and everyone seems to see it at a different time. I did not notice it until I saw the reflection of some one in a store window with my clothes on, but she was much smaller than me! Surprise-it was me, but I was down 90 pounds before I actually internalized my newer body. Give yourself time and stick to it. You will get there! Meanwhile, look at your thinned out face! :wink:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    yes…a big difference… you are smaller!!!
  • keladry89
    Options
    Thanks. I'll just keep plodding along and it'll happen one day. It is encouraging , so thank you. :]
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Great job!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! But I do see a huge difference in your body, plus you look a lot younger than in your before picture.
  • maryanne2000
    maryanne2000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great. Much younger! Great work :)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I totally see a HUGE difference! Isn't it odd how we see ourselves differently than others' do?

Great accomplishment, keep it up!
  • heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference...not only in the weight but in the way you carry yourself in pics. Awesome job!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference! You are looking great!
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i can't see any pics on this thread? is there something wrong w my computer? :(
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! :)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Good morning!:bigsmile:

@Tanya, sounds like you are having a blast! I always thought I would love to try kayaking. Maybe someday, huh? :wink:

@Bett, I pray for a full recovery for you and that all goes well with your health. Bummer about the treadmill. I LOVE mine and would be upset if it broke. Your hubby sounds wonderful and after 30 years, I would say romance in the mountains is a must do!! Have fun. :love:

@Laurie, thanks for talking about how this process takes time. It really is about a lifestyle change and that includes not only the body but the mind. I find working on the mental aspects more challenging than the eating and exercise. You are a true inspiration!! :flowerforyou:

@Susan, I just love your upbeat attitude and you are so right that there are a lot of people on this group to pull inspiration and motivation from. I am so happy to have found ya’ll!! :flowerforyou:

@Robin, I hope your vacation will rejuvenate your spirit and that you will have an awesome time. I lived in Arizona and never made it to the Grand Canyon. Can you believe that??? I have been to Sedona and it is beautiful. Lots of cute little shops to browse in too.
    :wink:

@tlh0407, yayyy for new appliances. I got new when we renovated the kitchen this spring. Nothing like having stuff that works!:bigsmile:

Sorry that is all I have time for this morning before heading off to work. I have done really well this week and this weekend is going to be a challenge. We have two bedding reps coming today and tomorrow. Plus we are having a BBQ for lunch for winning a contest. Is it bad that I wish we would have lost? :ohwell: I have weigh-in tomorrow so I’m going to really try hard to resist the temptations. Fortunately I get off at 6pm today and maybe we will be so busy I won’t have time to eat at all.

I will try to drop in tonight and catch up on the personals and confess anything that needs confessing. Have a great day!:drinker:
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss! Keep up the great work!
  • niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so glad I looked at this post! I am now where you were when you started and I feel so non motivated at this time. Did you ever? How did you keep going a week at a time? Did you weigh a lot? I think maybe I should stop weighing so much? Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I see a difference. Congrats! and keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!