Looking for female friends 50 & up

Well, I'm realizing the social aspect of MFP can be helpful - and fun! Looking for women my age. I'm 51, 5'5, 130 pounds. I exercice regularly. I'm on a low cal diet (most days). I'm in maintenance, but would like to lose 5 pounds, just because I would like to have a cushion, just in case.

As I get older, I'm realising that just to maintain, I have to eat less - a lot less. I've accepted that fact, and my calorie intake hovers around 1200. I would feel fantastic at 1800 calories, but none of my clothes would fit.

If you think we could help each other, please friend me!

Replies

• anitavale
    anitavale Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 53 and the pounds just pile on so easily. My daughter is getting married next spring so my goal is to get in shape for the wedding. I'm adding you as a friend!
  • auriga2
    auriga2 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi milliiondays,

I know how you feel. I'm 54, and having a much harder time losing weight. I've always been the small, petite, 100 pound one. Now, I''m up to 130 and can't get rid of the weight. I'm also trying to stick with 1200 calories, and most days I do. I'm trying to get more exercise by walking, but some days I just run out of time. I guess I'm just going to have to make the time, no matter what. It certainly is not as easy as when I was in my 20's.
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Good morning, lovely ladies!!!!!! Glad to see this. I'm 54 (and a half :) ) and 5''8". My highest (this time around) was 255, and I've been around 170 since May. I'm trying to allow that to be ok, getting used to it, letting my skin shrink.... Which is just doesn't do as fast as it used to!!!
    Like OP, I'm maintaining at this weight with this exercise level on about 1200/day. Too may times of crash/starvation diets when I was young + natural aging.
    I'm at a slack point in exercise/motivation/making time to walk, so I look forward to hearing from you all. Please feel free to add me :)
    Hugs to all!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Same here as the weight is easy to put on but so slow to come off. I am 57, soon to take early retirement, 5'4". I want to get to 130 for some cushion but that last 5 pounds is so stubborn. I have sent to a friend request. Anyone else is free to add me. Good health to everyone!
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm 51 and back here again to lose 10 lbs. and keep them off. I did it 2 yrs. ago, so I can do it again. It just takes more time! Please add me if you'd like.
  • I am Peggy and I am 62 and having great success using this site. I would love to talk to other like minded ladies. I do struggle with weight control so support and feedback is important to me.
    thanks
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey gals. I'm 53 and need to lose 10-15 pounds. I love this site. It is so easy to use. I have tried other food trackers with no success. Feel free to add me too.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Turning 56 in two weeks.
    Took me a very long time, 5 years, but I am happy to say I have lost 41 lbs.
    5'7 Beginning weight 183
    Current weight 144
    Goal weight 135-138 ?
    This website has done the trick for me.
    I have learned soo much about nutrition.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    I am 52, log in every day and active. Add me if u like.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Hi there! I'm 53 and joined MFP to lose those stubborn 12 pounds that snuck up on me! Feel free to add me as friend :-)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Hi there! I'm 56, 5'10" and learning to maintain. I'd love to have female friends in my age group to chat with and encourage. Feel free to add me.
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    I'm 54 and just starting MFP again, but would like to do it this time with friends. Please feel free to add me!
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    I'm in! 53 5'2" and maintaining. Lost the 12 pounds (plus an extra 3) I gained after turning 50.
  • FleaBailey
    FleaBailey Posts: 18 Member
    58 here. Dropped 66 since January, and need to drop twice that. Think I might make it this time. Please add me if you'd like.
  • GoGoGirl1111
    GoGoGirl1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi, I have just started back and also need some motivation buddies :) Please feel free to add me : Amelia

I'm 58 :)
  • I will be 50 on September 10 and I need a buddy too. I am struggling with all of this. I went and had a test done that told me what my metabolism is and they set my daily calories based on the results. In order to lose weight I'm supposed to consume no more than 1380 per day. But, I'm gaining on that!!
  • SheFitWalks
    SheFitWalks Posts: 29 Member
    I'm 52 (53 this month), 5'4". I've lost about 20 pounds using MFP, Fitbit, and Leslie Sansone's DVDs. I joined MFP after losing a few pounds last year. I gained a little back this summer when my mom was in the hospital and I ate out at restaurants quite a bit. Still working on getting those pounds off and hoping to get to 130. I've also been doing some video workouts on Fit2b. Would love to have some friends on MFP! Feel free to add me!