Any fun exercises?

Options
onc3uponatim3
onc3uponatim3 Posts: 34 Member
I need to exercise, but I can do a lot more if it is fun. And I need ideas.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Get a Wii
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Nookie. Done right, you'll feel the burn.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Bengay?
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Bengay?

Icy Hot
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Thats going to be different for everyone. I really love my Kinect and I sweat like crazy lol. Try dancing/zumba maybe?
  • onc3uponatim3
    Options
    The Wii is hard because my stepsisters won't give it up. And Just Dance is all we really have for working out, and that can get old really fast.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy being outdoors and weather permits, hiking, biking, and walking are all things you may enjoy and you won't have to worry about sharing it with a sibling. :D You could of course, also if you live in a less rural area there are usually parks and you could find a "walk/bike buddy" or "buddies" to go with.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I roller skate a lot. It is so much fun. I am learning dancing on skates. I burn about 370 calories an hour.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun. I think hula hooping is fun too.
  • Rmfowler1990
    Rmfowler1990 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Babysitting a toddler, walking the dog, competing with a friend or significant other (my husband is notorious for racing me to our car in the parking lot), trampoline jumping!
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I go to a zumba class every week and do it just for fun
    cause its awesome , even if like me you don't really love to dance.
    Last week I stepped on the end of my own shoe and nearly spun into a mirror. Not a weekly thing but it was freakin hilarious.
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    See if any of your friends/family are interested in an activity. I have no idea what you find entertaining but doing anything as part of a group or team will almost always be more enjoyable.
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You could try belly dancing. It's great for your middle and a lot of fun.
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say group activities, roller derby, play tennis, go play catch in a park, anything to get moving. My OH and I have a 'no tv if its light out' so over the months we have found random things to do, rediscovered all the kids games we used to play. Frizbee is my favourite.
    Also agreed with the toddler babysitting. Our godchildren are 2 and 5, an afternoon with them and you will know what a workout is :)
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    swimming!
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's really going to vary person to person.
    I love running. I just blast some music and go. Or I'll play some podcasts like Dan Savage, or put on a show like Supernatural (though you miss 70% of the content cause you can't really concentrate :grumble:)
    I also really liked martial arts and dancing.
    It might be worth it to sign up at a gym that includes classes in the package, that way you can try a variety and see. At my gym there's Zumba, spinning, body pump, yoga, Pilates and a martial arts class.
    So you could try each one until you find something enjoyable :)
  • onc3uponatim3
    Options
    Babysitting a toddler, walking the dog, competing with a friend or significant other (my husband is notorious for racing me to our car in the parking lot), trampoline jumping!

that sounds fun. now all I need is a permit, license, car, and a boyfriend! (too young 4 a hubby)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    swimming!
    Agreed.

Especially if it's in the Yuba river at Purdon crossing. Heaven on earth.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Bengay?

Icy Hot

That is bush league....you want VICKS rub!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Pec dancing