Weight loss for Men

I see a ton of women posts but would love to see weight loss on men posts. Being a man it is just easier to compare what I can expect. I started my weight loss journey August 1st at 293.5 lbs. today I am at 285 lbs about 3 weeks in. I am 5'8". Anyone around my size? Would love to hear your success

Replies

• cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    I'm very close to your situation.

Im 53 years old; 5'10"; started at 288 lbs (Jan 2014) and am down to 235 (Aug 2014). Went from 50" waist in Jan and I just bought a pair of 38" levis :) Like to lose another 60lbs. Not concerned with losing it fast; prefer to have it come off slowly and stay off. Im looking at Jan 2016 to reach my goal weight.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    I'm 44 y/o and started at 247. My current weight after 6 weeks is 233, so I am down 14 lbs. My goal is to be at 200 by end of year, and ultimate goal is to be 180. It have tried many different ways to lose weight. I did lots of research to try to find what is best for me. I decided to change my lifestyle to eating low carb. I feel like my life has changed in the last 6 weeks.
  • AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    I'm 5"8.5 and started at about 300lb. From the beginning of May to last Sunday I'm down to 271lb and I expect to be 269lb when I check in tomorrow. No formal exercise yet, just counting calories. I take weekly progress pics but I honestly don't see a difference yet. Most of the fat has been taken from my *kitten* and thighs so far which is harder to see in the pictures. I have gone from wearing size 44 jeans to size 40. Not waist though, these are relaxed jeans that sit in your hip. Waist is still too big.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    I am 42 years old 5'8" and my starting weight was 230 pounds. Last year I did P90X and my weight ended up at 205 pounds. Not huge weight lost but my body looked a lot different with the added muscle. Had a serious bout with a pinched nerve in my back for about 5 months and gained every pound back. Slowly the pinched nerve pain eased off and in May I started over.

I am currently 204 pounds and expecting to hit 199 around Labor Day (that's my first goal, to be in the 100s). Then I plan on starting the last leg of this journey. Final goal is to be 180 pounds by New Year's Eve. If you click on my profile you can see a few of my pics. I am lower in weight now than in any of them. I plan on doing a work in progress post once I hit 199.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    40 and 5'10". Started my WOE August 27th 2013 @ 432lbs. Currently 243lbs. No set time goal as i am taking it one day at a time. Congrats on everyone's progress so far.
  • manshusgr
    manshusgr Posts: 30 Member
    I am 24years old n used to weight 91kgs one month ago . i am on strict diet from laat 25 to 30 days n have lost 9 kgs so far. i was losing more n fast before but now i am only losing like .80 to 1.0 kg per week.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    I see a ton of women posts but would love to see weight loss on men posts. Being a man it is just easier to compare what I can expect. I started my weight loss journey August 1st at 293.5 lbs. today I am at 285 lbs about 3 weeks in. I am 5'8". Anyone around my size? Would love to hear your success

I started at 419 pounds, down to 169 pounds. 56 inch waist to 32 inch waist. Check my profile for stats and other links.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!