Progress Pic (same outfit -20lbs)

Options
My husband has really been inspired watching the changes I have made (exercising, eating healthier, new views on health, ect), so he has even started joining me on my walks. Today, he took a picture of me walking with our son and, for the first time in a long time, I actually liked it. Usually, pictures are painful to me. No matter who or what is in them with me, all I can see is how fat and horrible I think I am. I would see pictures of me playing with our boy and think "wow I look so huge", not "wow, we were really having a great time". Those were just the action shot. Posing for a picture was the WORST. I felt so uncomfortable standing there for the camera. Afterwards, I hated even looking at the picture, but as I did, I would just pick myself apart.
Lately, I have been feeling a lot less self hate and my clothes are fitting a bit better. Until I compared a picture from a few months ago to the one we took today, I did not even realize just how much change had been taking place.
These pictures are of me in the same outfit.
In the before picture, I was feeling so disgusted with myself. I realized that I could not even sit down with my wind breaker zipped up, because the (size xxl) jacket had become very tight. I felt like I was just spilling out everywhere. Although the family had a great time at the park that day, a huge part of me was so sad about how I was looking and feeling. I did not want to be out in public at all. Now, I love going outside and I am feeling better and better every day.
9c9d35e4-c99f-45bb-a920-c390f240e8cd_zps8c72729d.jpg

Replies

• jacksdejavu
    jacksdejavu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the progress in the same outfit! Keep up the great work!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Great work.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • happening5
    happening5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and picture.m I was in the exact same boat but sailing a completely different ship now. Only a lil over half way to my goal but I feel amazing! You should too!
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    How about saving the outfit and taking pictures periodically-like every 20 lbs?
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How about saving the outfit and taking pictures periodically-like every 20 lbs?
    That is a great idea!
    And thank you to everyone who replied!
    Let's all stay positive and keep working hard!
    :drinker:
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    and feeling. I did not want to be out in public at all. Now, I love going outside and I am feeling better and better every day.
    9c9d35e4-c99f-45bb-a920-c390f240e8cd_zps8c72729d.jpg

You look so cute and happy in the new pic! :^D
  • AsiasMommy
    AsiasMommy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great and changing your thinking is awesome!!!
  • honololo
    honololo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the great work!
  • mamaslitpath
    mamaslitpath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep sharing those pics! Go Mommy!!
  • etremoi53
    etremoi53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. There is a lot less of you under the pink jacket. Great job!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you look very happy
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    fabulous~!

keep it up! :)
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the encouragement! It really keeps me fired up and motivated to keep chipping away at my goal :happy:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • 269Steve
    Options
    Good on you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!