Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pre Gastric Bypass liquid diet

Hey there friends! I am to have a revisional surgery to repair and reconstruct my esphogus and stomach from a LapBand placed nearly 7 years ago. I need to start on a full liquid diet and then progress to a clear liquid diet. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or recipes for liquid "foods". I have been drinking Isopure shakes, motts natural applesauce and sugar free pudding. These things are alright but for long term I need some variety

Replies

• Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    What about smoothies and protein shakes?
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Put greek yogurt in the blender for a few seconds. It makes it fluffly and will dissolve easily in your stomach. The protein will keep you full and blending 1/4 banana or various berries into it will mix up the flavor for you.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    adding tofu to your smoothie will thicken it so it is easier to swallow without aspirating, and add protein without distorting the flavor of other ingredients.
  • I currently do the Isopure protein shakes and would love to do smoothies but the surgeon has advised me not to have anything with seeds or fibers that are in fruit :(
  • I have never thought about toful before