Plateaued weight loss

Options
So I've managed to dramatically reduce my weight since January, however I have been 'stuck' on 8.8 stone for awhile now. My goal weight is 8.5 stone, so I'm really close. I just need some tips on how to reach that final goal and how to get rid of that last bit of belly fat!!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I've been told, at a plateau for less than 4 weeks doesn't count, due to water retention. How long has your's lasted?
  • meganscarlet
    meganscarlet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been told, at a plateau for less than 4 weeks doesn't count, due to water retention. How long has your's lasted?
    probably a month or so now, i'd say definitely over a month
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    probably a month or so now, i'd say definitely over a month
    I just made a video about weight loss stalls on YouTube: http://youtu.be/AzeV4V_CcUs

The summary is basically, if you are stalling, and it's been over a month to rule out water retention, one way or another you are eating too much. It could be from inaccurate calorie counting, cheat days/meals, eating out where you are estimating portions and calories, unconsciously eating and not reporting, etc. Also you could be burning less then you think. Even if you are exercising regularly you could be less active overall. All these things are very common findings with long term dieting.
  • jeanmichelfitness
    Options
    There is no such thing as a "plateau".

The reasons why you're stalled can be different...

#1: You might need to decrease your daily calorie intake because it is not your body's maintenance.
    #2: You might want to do more cardio (eating less calories or doing more cardio = THE SAME).
    #3: On the balance your weight doesn't decrease because you're gaining muscle while losing fat (highly doubt it!).

Actually, my best bet would be that you need to lower your calorie intake... Test it out for 2 weeks and get back on that balance! :p