Gained all the weight I lost?

Options
A couple years ago I was about 120lbs. Since I was so active last year, I shed off 10lbs and went down to 110 . Last summer I would run almost 3 miles a day, but this summer I didn't even get off my butt. I used to be 110 (I'm 5'2) and now I'm going on 125! This is probably the heaviest I've ever been. I gained so much weight over summer and I'm really hoping I can shed off a few pounds when school starts. How do I get motivated again when all I do is eat like crap at school?

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Motivation isn't needed nor required to lose weight or maintain it. I'm not motivated to brush and floss my teeth every day, but I still do it. You and you alone determine what you eat and how active or sedentary you are.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You make the gradual changes necessary to get yourself to a place you are healthy and confident and think lifestyle change, rather than a diet. That way, it is more likely to stay off. Find an activity you can see yourself continuing for years to come, that will not feel like a chore, eat to fuel yourself and I am sure you can find some semblance of healthy options while at school. You have the choices. You are not overweight, so I would suggest not going on any rapid loss diets as that just sets you up for a yo-yo cycle.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Eat like crap at school. . . but eat less of the crap? Monitor your calories and eat less than you need for your height/weight/age/gender/activity level. You don't have to exercise to lose weight, it's just ideal for overall health and to help in maintaining the weight loss if you can make a lifelong habit out of it.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    create a calorie deficient and join the gym?
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A way to stay motivated is by looking at your body in the mirror. If you don't like what you see then start making some changes. That is my motivation. Every time I think 'okay i have lost a little weight, i can stop now' I just go and look at myself in the mirror and see if the body i have now is what i really want.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Motivation isn't needed nor required to lose weight or maintain it. I'm not motivated to brush and floss my teeth every day, but I still do it. You and you alone determine what you eat and how active or sedentary you are.
    Awesome!
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

This.
    I feel like people expect that they need to find a diet/workout that will thrill them to pieces, so it will no longer be hard work.
    There are workouts that are easier/funner than others, but any exercise worthwhile will never be a cake walk.
    You do it because of the benefits, not because you really really feel like deadlifting.

However, 3 miles a day is unnecessary. You might come to love it eventually, but as a starting point running three times per week is really sufficient. Get some strength training in at least twice a week (there are a million programs to choose from).
    And the most important in terms of weight: calorie deficit. You could do nothing but diet and you'd lose weight. But you'd also lose LBM, so it's not recommended.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Try to put it in your brain that this will get a lot harder as you get older. Trust me, I know this!!!

Work on establishing good eating and exercise habits while you are still young. It will give you a much better quality of life and hopefully a longer one. No one will care about your body and your life as much as you care. That should be enough of a motivator.

Just do it!!!
  • MelvinOAnderson
    Options
    To main your weight that you lost after so much of effort is also very difficult most of the people after losing weight do not continue with there control diet they start overeating skip the gym and start consuming too much fat.