need VEGAN buddies!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I actually find that I eat a MUCH wider variety of food now that I'm a vegan than what I was eating before. I find it funny that people think vegan eating is so limiting, I find it to be the exact opposite.
  • Veganmafia
    Veganmafia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    contrary to what anyone says being veggie (workable) and vegan DOES limit your choices to some extent , im not saying vegans cant find anything nice to eat but the more things you leave out of your diet the more you must reduce your choices.

:noway: Not if you live in a city, ie: Los Angeles:glasses:
  • Veganmafia
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • fouroclock
    fouroclock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I second that! I am vegan in Seattle and there is no lack of vegan options around here. My food diary is open to friends.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I actually find that I eat a MUCH wider variety of food now that I'm a vegan than what I was eating before. I find it funny that people think vegan eating is so limiting, I find it to be the exact opposite.

This... I have tried more new things and am constantly experimenting with recipes and ingredients since going from vegetarian to vegan almost 2 years ago.
  • Veganmafia
    Options
    yea, I remember when I was little and iceberg lettuce was the ONLY option smh:noway: glad things have changed:smile:
  • paulstephenmarshall
    paulstephenmarshall Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I never tried to say there was nothing for vegans to eat (I don't claim to be very knowledgeable on the topic) but it MUST give you less choices if you are leaving out many many non vegan options but hey each to their own. as a non veggie non vegan I could eat veggie or vegan food but vegans don't/cant eat things I do.i was actually piscaterean for 3 years as I got bored of meat(not a moral thing). eventually got bored of not eating meat .now I eat eat fish meat just about anything. I still eat veggie meals now and again
  • paulstephenmarshall
    paulstephenmarshall Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    excuse my ignorance but what alchoholic drinks are vegan.
  • mathmatt
    mathmatt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    7 year vegan, feel free to add me.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    whole foods plant based runner here!
  • nd1111
    nd1111 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian so vegetarians/vegans...feel free to add me :) I have always been vegetarian and I do a lot of cooking if anybody wants recipes
  • staylo13
    staylo13 Posts: 13
    Options
    I try to stick to a vegan diet over 95% of the time. If I go off for special occasions, I'm still vegetarian.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    h0B4B21FD

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

Best of luck to you all in your goals. I'm gonna go have a steak.
  • staylo13
    staylo13 Posts: 13
    Options
    h0B4B21FD

Some people just need to grow up...
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    h0B4B21FD

Some people just need to grow up...

(A) Growing up is overrated
    (B) It's a joke. Lighten up, Nancy.
  • CydMG93
    CydMG93 Posts: 11
    Options
    I would love to have more vegan friends, earlier this year I was straight vegan for about a month, but I found the change hard to maintain with my busy schedule. Since then I have been trying to make gradual reductions/changes in my diet and have been expanding the veggies that I eat. I would love POSITIVE and SUPPORTIVE friends if anyone wants to add me.
  • mostlyrawvegan
    Options
    Been vegan since january but fell into the junk food trap for awhile. Need more vegan friends also to keep me accountable. Feel free to add me.