Weirdest Thing You've Done for the Pounds

Options
Hello lovely MFPers! I was cleaning up today and I found the old magical Shake Weight I bought 2 years ago lol I've done the HCG diet and the Cabbage Soup Diet and God knows whatever diets in the past before actually doing this the right way. What is probably the weirdest thing you've done to lose weight and any weird equipment you bought in hope losing the pounds??

Replies

• matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I went raw vegan for a month and lost 20lbs and most of my self-respect.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hm... When I first read this I was thinking of me when I move the scale over and inch to make it say I'm 2lb lighter than reality.... (no, I don't log those. Haha)

ALL LONG BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE

1. I use to drink diet shakes (counteractive for me)

2. I tried to do a 'quick fix' and drop the all the weight in 3 weeks (by walking 8-12 miles a day). Talk about crazy!

3. I tried not eating for a day (think I tried fasting). Didn't go so well for me. Talk about leading straight to some binging. Not to knock fasting, just didn't work for me. Someone told me I shouldn't of tried such an extreme approach (should've done the 5:2)

4. I think I bought clothes that claimed to "make the pounds melt off". LOL :laugh:

5. I tried just eating and only eating things that were 'diet'. Fail.

6. Luckily I (besides fasting if it can go under that) was never into fad diets. Though for some reason I always thought that I only had to do this stuff for a few weeks and I would be cured. :/

7. I bought a bunch of exercise programs (zumba, totalbodygym,etc) .... and never even opened them. It was like I thought the sheer thought of them would make the fat go away. Funny things is I lose weight without programs now. I wasted my money.... though other people seem to really enjoy the products when they aren't like me and use them. :laugh:

Can't think of anymore right now. Not too weird I guess, serial dieter? Maybe.

I hope this get's more posts!!!
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    I went raw vegan for a month and lost 20lbs and most of my self-respect.

wow! 20 lbs is a lot and lol at the self-respect :) glad to have u back!
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    I completely forgot about "The Sauna Belt" and the Butterfly Abs lol I went to sleep with it hoping I would wake up 50 lbs skinnier *facepalm* lol -- All I got was an overblown fuse :laugh:

I also took in 500 various diet pills - some of which are garcinia cambogia with colon cleansers, Hydroxycut (made my heart explode right out of my heart), etc.
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    Hm... When I first read this I was thinking of me when I move the scale over and inch to make it say I'm 2lb lighter than reality.... (no, I don't log those. Haha)

ALL LONG BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE

1. I use to drink diet shakes (counteractive for me)

2. I tried to do a 'quick fix' and drop the all the weight in 3 weeks (by walking 8-12 miles a day). Talk about crazy!

3. I tried not eating for a day (think I tried fasting). Didn't go so well for me. Talk about leading straight to some binging. Not to knock fasting, just didn't work for me. Someone told me I shouldn't of tried such an extreme approach (should've done the 5:2)

4. I think I bought clothes that claimed to "make the pounds melt off". LOL :laugh:

5. I tried just eating and only eating things that were 'diet'. Fail.

6. Luckily I (besides fasting if it can go under that) was never into fad diets. Though for some reason I always thought that I only had to do this stuff for a few weeks and I would be cured. :/

7. I bought a bunch of exercise programs (zumba, totalbodygym,etc) .... and never even opened them. It was like I thought the sheer thought of them would make the fat go away. Funny things is I lose weight without programs now. I wasted my money.... though other people seem to really enjoy the products when they aren't like me and use them. :laugh:

Can't think of anymore right now. Not too weird I guess, serial dieter? Maybe.

I hope this get's more posts!!!

If I knew how to move the scale before I probably would have! And serial dieting I think is the best way to describe - and killing ourselves so we can get results overnight.. It took many tries for us to realize its never gonna work lol And I hope it get more responses too - oh the things we buy to get thinner lol
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I bought those green tea tabs a few times but soon
    learned they would only temporarily lose the water
    but it would return.I quit them and wasted no more
    time/thought on get thin quick remedies.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I did the shakes, too...the Slim Fast ones. The coffee ones were SO tasty, but they made my urine smell like coffee. **strange** :sick:
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I did the shakes, too...the Slim Fast ones. The coffee ones were SO tasty, but they made my urine smell like coffee. **strange** :sick:

lol that is odd

--bump
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was on the high end of normal in my high school days, so I decided I was going to lose weight to fit whatever goal item I had at the time. My own mother, who was a diet pill addict and always super thin, suggested some various pill.
    EVERY MORNING with breakfast, I would take one then 15 minutes later hurl it back out. I don't know how people could stand to take those things! My stomach would knot up and then the nausea would kick in.
    It lasted about a week before I decided this was moronic and not helpful. My teeth were more important than my waist vanity.