PiYo

Options
Has anyone tried this program? I am not fit. Not in any way. But I love yoga and pilates I know can kick your butt (tried it a few times)

i am wondering - for those who have tried it, have you noticed weight loss or have you noticed a difference in body tone or anything?

Replies

• mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am doing it and not noticing much weight loss, but am toning espc in my arms. I do feel so much more limber though. I have been out of the yoga game for a while so this is nice to add something like this back in.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We offer PiYo at the gym where I teach and I have mixed feelings about it.

I'm not a fan of fusing different disciplines when the inherent nature of the discipline disappears when combined with something else. The transitions between the different moves in piyo lend themselves to the potential for injury, IMHO.

If you are really comfortable with pilates moves and you have your basic yoga moves down pat, you might have success with it, but after going to the workshops, and seeing a few classes, I'm not a fan.
  • tucky3203
    tucky3203 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of week 2. Its a faster paced yoga. Some videos are relatively easy and others are difficult. Great Core workout and a good balance between upper/lower workout. I have been pairing it with running (5th week of couch to 5k) and it's a great supplement to running, helps me get stretched out and do a little body resistence work. If you have ever taken a power yoga class it reminds me of that. I don't know whether to give full credit for loss in lbs to the Piyo, but any activity helps if you are at a calorie deficit.
  • JessMyOpinion
    Options
    I love PiYo, I actually just became certified to teach it. Alignment is very important. I've practiced yoga for 6 years and Pilates for 4 so I feel comfortable with the transitions and such as most of them are either yoga/Pilates inspired or exactly the kind of stuff you would do in cardio class.

I am very toned after doing the home program consistently for a month. My issue has always been body composition, I feel like PiYo alone is changing my body and helping me lose the last couple vanity pounds in a way that I enjoy.

If you like yoga and Pilates but want to get a mega calorie burn too you will like the program. However if yoga and Pilates isn't your thing then you might not enjoy it as much.

Beachbody has a 30 day return policy so if you wanted to try it out you could. I will say that I started to really enjoy the program when the schedule changed a little during week 3. The first 2 weeks were just ok.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of buying this so in for the feedback :-)
  • babyphat2012
    babyphat2012 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    im loving Piyo and it challenges my body in a new way. I have a Piyo support group, if you would like to join let me know. I wold love to add you