weight loss plateau

Options
i started working out July 1st and weighed 250. my goal was to get down to 200.
everything was going good until about 4 weeks ago when i hit 222 pounds and the weight loss just stopped.
i would do intermittent fasting everyday eating from only 12pm to 5pm and it seemed to help lose the weight but not so much anymore as i can not get under 222 no matter what i do. i tried doing low carb 2 days a week but it did absolutely nothing to help. i work out 6 days a week and have one cheat meal a week, not cheat day. i run, lift, and do a lot of kettlebell workouts. i really push myself in my work outs sometimes even workout 2 times a day but still no weight loss for the last 4 weeks.
its getting frustrating seeing the same number on the scale every time i check. sometimes it will get down to 219 but once i eat (healthy food that is) it goes right back up and stays there. i dont eat anything bad at all, and take in about 1700 calories a day and make sure i never go over my calories or macros.
i pretty much have lost all motivation and im ready to give up. i find my self eating like i used to before i started working out the last couple of days.
any advice?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You might be overestimating your calorie burns from exercise or eating too much. Do you weigh your food?
  • p33dro
    p33dro Posts: 8
    Options
    i do weigh my food. i usually dont eat back my calories that i burned though. i always eat 1700 no matter how much i burned during a workout.
  • staceyfeb2014
    staceyfeb2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You've lost 28lbs in space of about 6/7 weeks? That's brilliant you done so well, and muscle does weigh more than fat so it don't mean you ain't losing inches? Have you measured yourself with tape measure??
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    ....and muscle does weigh more than fat.....

No. One pound of fat is equal to one pound of muscle in weight, but muscle takes up LESS SPACE than fat pound for pound.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. The scale wouldn't budge. Drink LOTS of water, keep working out hard, and don't starve yourself. Stay the course, you've come this far. Also, try not getting on the scale for awhile, just focus on how good you feel. Believe!:flowerforyou: You can do it!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You could try actually tracking your food. As you don't seem to now looking at your diary
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have been on a plateau for the last couple of weeks myself. I did, however, bump my calories up by 200, started some new exercises to cause some muscle confusion, and started exercising after dinner. That seems to have broken my plateau at the moment. Don't give up on this. It's frustrating for sure, but if you keep trying to modify and change up on some of the things you are doing, it will break. There are a ton of variables for why you hit plateau's. You just have to figure out the cause by doing a few things differently.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ....and muscle does weigh more than fat.....

No. One pound of fat is equal to one pound of muscle in weight, but muscle takes up LESS SPACE than fat pound for pound.

The space thing is what muscle weighs less than fat means. That's why the suggestion was made to measure. Do you really think someone is so stupid as to be confused about a pound equalling a pound?

Anyway, the OP would not have built sufficient muscle at a deficit to be masking his losses. Could be water weight. Or inadequate counting and eating at maintenance.
  • p33dro
    p33dro Posts: 8
    Options
    You could try actually tracking your food. As you don't seem to now looking at your diary

i havent for the last few days cuz i kind of just been in a whatever type of mood cuz i have seen no change, but i will getting back on track tomorrow. i worked to hard to get where i am and dont want to lose it.