Water Substitute?

juliekhackney
juliekhackney Posts: 5
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Ok ya'll, silly question...I can not stand the taste of water. Just too bland for me. So my question is...I drink tons of iced tea. Can I count cups of tea as my daily water intake since its made of water?:drinker:

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    you can count any beverage that does not have caffeine, except soda.
  • It can, but make sure there is no sugar in it. Nothing really replaces water though. Try lemon or lime in it to give it some flavor. I really like true lemon. I take it with me everywhere.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Try sparkling water and adding some no added sugar cordial! It's my top tip, I shout it from the rooftops as it saw me through sugar cravings when I was pregnant. It tastes exactly like a sweet fizzy drink and the cordial has very few calories in it.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    When I first started drinking water I would gag trying to get it down. Now I drink over 100 oz a day. You can train your body to like if you want to.
  • etmpsn
    etmpsn Posts: 8
    i absolutely hate the taste of water so i know what you mean!! but i know i need to get as much water as possible a day and, like the other said, nothing really replaces it. i just buy the crystal light 5 calorie singles, theres no sugar, no protein, no carbs, no fat, just 5 calories in each HALF of a single and i use that and im able to drink bottles of water all day now no problem. i just need some kind of flavor with it. i would recommend the peach iced tea if you like tea that much, its awesome.
  • Can you elaborate or no sugar cordial. What is that ? is there a brand name ? I also have a hard time drinking my water.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Can you elaborate or no sugar cordial. What is that ? is there a brand name ? I also have a hard time drinking my water.

I am in the UK so I go for Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant no added sugar. I think you call it squash in the states. Basically it's a concentrated sugary liquid that you add to water to make a juice drink. Always go for the no added sugar options though or else there is a tonne of sugar in a lot of cordials.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    You can actually do a lot of different things with water...you can put cucumbers and mint...yum...berries...whatever you like, just to give it some flavor and gulp it down! One of my fav's is actually orange slices!
This discussion has been closed.