Just wanted to say Hey

Options
Hi. I joined myfitnesspal a year ago but I never used it properly. Today after checking my weight on the dreaded scales (and realising that I have gained 5kgs within 3 months), I have decided to start using it properly.

I am not very active and am very self conscious at the gym owing to the fact that I am not very fit so for now I was thinking of just changing my diet. I snack a lottttt! ^^'

Just wanted to say hey :)

Replies

• DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • rutbatavs
    rutbatavs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey and Hello! I've been doing MyFitnessPal for 3 years now. My first year I lost 15lbs. by doing it with my daughter. Then I gained 5lbs. back within a year. I just lost them again and am on my way down another 10, by doing 5 at a time. I didn't use any of the message boards before, so I'm hoping I can feel like I have support like I did with my daughter (she doesn't need to lose any more weight!). It's always good to do it with someone else. :smile:
  • rutbatavs
    Options
    Wow, what a day! I brought my daughter into the dentist to get her wisdom teeth removed and then waited on her - very tiring! We're bringing her up to Ithaca College on Saturday. She's a freshman. I have an interview tomorrow morning and am trying to get prepped for it but my head is going in a million directions. As I was taking care of her, I was trying to review some of the stats from the school and go over some answers to questions they might ask me.

Foodwise, I did pretty well. Sometimes I wonder if I underestimate my intake, but I try to average up as much as possible. When I feel really full after dinner, it makes me feel like I've cheated, even if my calories are within limits. It's not a good feeling. I have to try to learn how to eat less at dinner. Any ideas?
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Hi! I've been on mfp about 3 years… used it meticulously for a year, lost 15 pounds and then check in to socialize now… lol!!! I like it cause it does keep me up with what others are reading or learning and it's a fun place to just kid around. right now I just log exercise. something about logging it makes it more… "yayyyyy! I did something!" :) I'm working on just building muscle and gaining strength… not bulking up, but so I stay fit. :)
  • rutbatavs
    Options
    Good Morning from Maryland!

I am so bad at knowing how to use these posts/blogs but I'm learning. I mentioned that I had lost 15lbs with my daughter on mfp but gained the 5 back, as well as stopped logging my food (that was two summers ago, not 3). The summer is easier for me because I don't have work (I'm a special ed. para), and then with work and taking care of the house/cooking, by the time I get home I'm exhausted.
    I finally lost the 5 again as a result of being in a Beachbody group "5-day challenge". My teacher friend is a Beachbody coach.She's tried to get me to buy the stuff but I refuse to pay money for meal replacement gimmicks. But the challenge helped me get back on track and now that I've gotten back into the habit I lost those 5 lbs again. I've also lost 2-3 more depending upon the day.

How often do you weigh yourself? Along with my total commitment to logging my food and therefore watching what I eat, I'm tending to look at my weight 3-4 times or more each week. What do you think the positives and negatives are of how often you check the scale?