Starting all over again.... support please!

Options
I am 23 years old, 5.6'5, 156 pounds and I would really like to lose about 25-30 pounds... I am tired of losing and gaining back the same weight all the time! Support please.!

Replies

• credilla
    credilla Posts: 10
    Options
    Please?
  • tofufingers
    tofufingers Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michelle and I would love to be your friend and to support you! I am motivational, upbeat, and I am constantly online.

I have added you! :)

Welcome to MFP <3
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I will help support you in your journey! Feel free to add me!
  • limitless1995
    Options
    You can do it :) feel free to add me !
  • rutbatavs
    rutbatavs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'd love to give support - and get it too! I think that step one was to admit that you need support and you're on the right track by using MyFitnessPal. Try to say to yourself "I am ready - I can do this!". We all want to lose weight and get in shape but I've found that I need my mind to be ready to act on my wishes. That's the key and it sounds like you're in the right place! What are your goals?
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have very similar goals as you (5'6"/160 lbs/wanting to lose about 30 lbs). I've added you!
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    you can do it again.once you reach your goal , it has to be a life style change or else you will go back to where you started. Its so easy to gain the weight back than losing
  • reddaschund
    reddaschund Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have been on the diet rollercoaster for most of my life, Lose about 15 lbs. and keep I off for a couple years and then gain it all back for a couple more. Food is my comfort and I have tried to change my eating habits, but it never lasts. Please keep in touch as a lot of people on here are going through your journey and are hear to talk and just listen. Please add me to your friends list.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • rutbatavs
    Options
    HI,
    I'm Ruth from Maryland. How was everyone's day? How are you doing so far?
    My day has been pretty good. I'm tending to my daughter who had all four of her wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and went on an interview this morning. Run, Run, Run, but unfortunately no exercise today. Food - good, Exercise - not so much. Tomorrow will be better for sure! :wink:
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am starting all over again as well. I am 5'3 (and a half!) 160 pounds, would like to lose about 35 pounds, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • sue998
    sue998 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI I'm Sue, four years ago I weighed an extra 100lbs, I was life's permanent dieter, a member of every slimming club there was - even tried the cabbage soup diet, now I use myfitnesspal to monitor and guide me in my food choices, work out at the gym, just ran the London Marathon in April this year. Take each day as it comes - little by little you will change - you will have bad days and good days - it's when the good days start to beat the bad that you realise that you can do this and can start to enjoy the way your body changes - it's not a race, if you lose too quickly then you will put it back on and some. Now I have my head straight, I think of food as more of a food choice lifestyle than a diet - I have now managed to keep the weight off for nearly three years. We all need encouragement - add me - I know what journey you are on
  • deussend
    Options
    I am back at it again as well, after losing & gaining the same 20 pounds countless times. I'm also about 5'6" and 153 and hope to lose 20 - but I'm starting with 10 lbs as my first goal, so I don't get too overwhelmed.
  • amparero
    amparero Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Would love to support you! Feel free to add me!
  • rutbatavs
    Options
    Welcome newbies!

What a big step it is to start logging food. I, too, have been on diets galore, all to no permanent avail. I've found logging my food and exercising to be the best. My efforts become real when I can see what I've eaten right in front of me. I've tried to write it down, before computers, but found it to be too much work. Plus writing it down doesn't give you the immediate caloric intake.

If you're not exercising "officially" go for a walk, park your car farther away at work or the supermarket. Take the stairs. Go up one flight and then take the elevator, then gradually take more flights as you get fitter. The more you move, the more you lose - plus your muscles are getting used and when you lose some weight you can see them!

I'm going downstairs to ride my bike. I hope everyone has a good day. Post tonight so we all can see how you are doing.
    - Ruth
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much a newbie, but haven't really posted in the forums yet. I have started doing Shaun T's Hip hop Abs, and keeping my calorie intake to below 1200. I work in an office and have to get up early to do my workout (would never get around to it after work) I turned 40 this year, and I'm hoping for a proposal from my boyfriend in the not too distant future, so I would love to be in tip top condition..... any support would be greatly appreciated!
  • rutbatavs
    Options
    I have found that using the forums is fun! I enjoy sharing my journey and listening to others' advice. I also like to hear your day to day notes about how you're doing and what you found helpful. It's nice to have a group of people going through the same things you are.

So, How are you doing?
    - Ruth
    :smile: