A-Fib

Options
bago08
bago08 Posts: 360 Member
Has anybody here had it? What are your experiences since? Has it come back? Have you needed to change your lilfestyle much?

Replies

• crom911
    crom911 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thought it said Dfib. Guess it helps to read. :) never had afib with any consistency but have had or have every other heart ailment known to man lol. Diet is the biggest change I have had to make. Lower sodium and healthier food choices. Took time off to let my body rest ( which is how I got to the weight I am ) and now working on making it stronger. Will give any heart related info or advice I have just ask and good luck :)
  • Nmcmath
    Nmcmath Posts: 1
    Options
    Am a very healthy active 57 year old who had a taco insubo heart attack 3 weeks ago. I found out from my cardiac ath that I have a healthy heart with no clogs in my arteries so I am really healthy. The attack was caused by too much adrenalin and stress. So I just finished my first week of cardiac rehab. It is amazing. Like a personal trainer. I see the cardiologist tomorrow and am anxiou to see what he says. He advised grief counseling and perhaps personal counseling too. This is all somewhat hard to swallow. I don't have high blood pressure or anything else. No meds. I run twice a week. Play tennis 3 times and do body pump 2 times. They are suggesting yoga and swimming. We will see.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Has anybody here had it? What are your experiences since? Has it come back? Have you needed to change your lilfestyle much?

I don't have afib, but my brother has it. I have an arrhythmia called PVC's so I can relate. My brother is a VERY fit and active guy so can't really put it on anything but genetics. He had two cardio versions that failed and then had another procedure called a catheter ablation. This procedure worked for him.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I wouldnt have even known i had it if I hadnt been running with a heart rate monitor on. All my tests were great and the a-fib fixed itself after about a day and a half. Im meeting with the cardio docs this week. Hoping I dont have to change my lifestyle too much