Help! Low calories+ exercise no results in a month???

Options
Hi I am 21 yrs old, I burn 345 daily walking on the treadmill for an hour and a half. I work at a day care and don't count those calories burned. I eat 1545 calories or less daily and with burning 345 that should put me at 1200 calories. Well I have stayed within the same range of weight for a month nd a half. I drink a lot of fluids though, a pack and a half of diet soda a day sometimes on top of water and green tea it's all zero calories. My sodium levels are low but why am I not losing anything? Is this fluid intake slowing me down? Please help :)

Replies

• nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you are most likely eating more than you think, buy a food scale and measure EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth
  • neversummer7
    Options
    you are most likely eating more than you think, buy a food scale and measure EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth
    Oh I drive my husband crazy because I measure everything lol I am very consistent I won't even lick the measuring spoon if there's left overs lol
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary people will be able to give more specific advice
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Because from your profile photo, it really doesn't look like you have anything to lose.
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating. I was the same exact weight from January to late july. All of a sudden now, I've started to see a drop. I took a small break from calorie counting (I eat very clean, though) and went back to it recently and I dropped almost immediately. If your routine is the same, I think your body gets used to it and wont lose. I changed up my calories and workout routine and the change was almost immediate.
  • Cheyenelikewyoming
    Cheyenelikewyoming Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Diet soda = poison. :drinker:
  • kumitejs
    kumitejs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Because from your profile photo, it really doesn't look like you have anything to lose.

This... If that photo is current, you actually look quite thin?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Previous posts were about a very recent eating disorder. Calories may not be the core issue.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    anorexia recovery eating between 3500 and 5000 cals?I have been in recovery for 2 weeks, I weighed myself two weeks ago and I weighed in at 93lbs but I haven't weighed myself recently. I am 5'6 and a 21 yr old female. My doctor advised me to eat even 6000 if I can so I have been eating between 3500 and 5000. I see flub on my stomach and arms and legs, would this be water retention or actual fat? Also I drink at least 15 bottles of fluids a day because I'm always thirsty. I see fat building on my body but I don't know if that is actual fat or water retention? If I can gain that quickly in 2 weeks?

If you are in recovery from anorexia, don't even try to push down the little weight you have.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your support! Also I tend to forget that we all only have one body and I abused it with restricting it too much for too long. I want to enjoy my life again without worrying about foods and calories :)

Listen to yourself in previous posts.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    My sodium levels are low but why am I not losing anything? Is this fluid intake slowing me down? Please help :)

I'm sorry I'm going to be harsh, but here it is...

In June you said you weighed like 105 pounds at 5'6". And now you're wanting to lose 14 pounds?? Come on.

In addition, I quoted the above. You do realize that you're setting yourself up for possible life-threatening issues? Low sodium serum levels can potentially lead to serious problems.

In hyponatremia, one or more factors cause the sodium in your body to become diluted. When this happens, your body's water levels rise, and your cells begin to swell. This swelling can cause many health problems, from mild to life-threatening.

You need to get a handle on this eating disorder you've got for the sake of your own life. Losing weight is the LAST thing you need to be worried about right now.