Peanuts Disaster

Options
I was having a calm Sunday with the family and I decided to have a "cheat meal". The problem is we all had peanuts to peal when watching a movie. Then I was adding those here and surprise: 100 gr have 600 calories. I fxxxx up my day. It is a rainy day and I am not going to the gym today, or just walking outside :grumble: :cry:

What do you do if you go over your calories in one day? Do you compensate next day with cardio exercises? Do you cut down some calories next days? :embarassed:

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I forgive myself and move on.

No need to punish yourself. Just pick up where you left off tomorrow and get back to it. Life happens.
  • kingjabou
    kingjabou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up as an Oops and move on. Just work on having more goods days then bad.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I continue living my life. Some days I expect to go over, and it is ok. The goal with weight loss is to have more under days than over, so there is a net under for the week or month. I never punish myself for living life and indulging once in a while. I just know to reach my new lifestyle goals I must not indulge ALL the time (like I did in the past).

Oh, and you learned a good lesson for future peanut adventures. :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Forget about it and move on. You're still under maintenance for the day, for cripes' sake.

Also: guesstimating on calorie-dense things like peanuts is a recipe for disaster. You really need to weight those.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I ate almost 6000 calories a few days ago. I had no shame. Back to the daily grind, no worries here:-)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I either work out a bit harder the next day or I just move on from it because it is just one day and not something I do often. I would like to add that I thought this thread was going to be about a Charlie Brown cartoon.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the Peanuts, Log it, and Move on.... Life is far to short to sweat the small stuff...... Best of Luck
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Just take it as a lesson learned and move on. If you get into the habit of logging something before eating it you won't run into surprises like this.
  • MariadfdCruz
    MariadfdCruz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just take it as a lesson learned and move on. If you get into the habit of logging something before eating it you won't run into surprises like this.

I learned! I am going to log in the food 1st and I don't think I want to hear PEANUTS word so soon LOL Thanks everyone. And yes, tomorrow is another day. I am going to the gym ... and let's do some extra workout.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    when I read the title "peanuts disaster" I though it was going to be something like "I work at a factory that produces peanut free foods for people with allergies but someone made a mistake and spilled peanuts all over the production line and so we had to throw away all the products made that day and get a professional cleaning company to thoroughly clean every single thing in the whole entire factory" or something.... 600 cals over isn't a disaster. That's the good news :drinker:

Anyway, what to do... if it's possible to go for a walk or be a bit more active, do that. Otherwise, don't worry about it. You have a deficit anyway, even if you're going for very slow weight loss you probably still have a deficit of 250-500 calories, which means being 600 cals over is going to kill your deficit for the day, but isn't going to put you in very much of a surplus (i.e. it won't make you gain any noticable amount of fat). It may not even put you in a surplus at all. So just take note to measure your peanut snacks carefully in the future (pre-logging, as suggested by people earlier in the thread, is a very good idea to avoid nasty surprises) and just get on with everything as normal tomorrow. No stressing about it, no beating yourself up... just carry on as normal.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I just shrug and move on, maybe eating 100-200 less the next day. Though I'll admit that at one point, something like that would have really upset me and very well could have derailed my future efforts for weeks or even months. A grilled chicken salad that turned out to be 1200 calories did that to me once about 5 years ago.

It takes time to force yourself to stop taking it all so seriously.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
    In the grand scheme of things, you are "undereating" by 500 calories each day for a 1 lb a week loss. Therefore, "overeating" by 600 calories for one day only means that you pretty much maintained on this one day. You should still lose by the end of the week, if you keep to your calorie limit for the rest of the week.
    It works out okay in the end.
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree forgive and move on. I almost did the same thing the other day. My fiancée brought out a jar of mixed nuts. I took a handful and had to log those. They were darn good though. I read the label and told him to eat the rest in the kitchen.lol. now they sit rfighton top of my fridge beconing me every morning.:smile: