new to chaffing (rubbing of inner thighs)

Options
2»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The Bandelettes look cool for dresses but I don't know how you'd wear them with shorts you walk in that let your thighs rub. I mean, assuming you didn't want them to show and that the rub is below the shorts legs, not from a saggy crotch, right?

Besides Gold Bond and Body Glide, Monistat also sells an anti-chafing gel.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/MONISTAT-Soothing-Care-Chafing-Relief-Powder-Gel-1.5-oz./10293929

Longer shorts and capri leggings are good options, too.
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    On some of my long runs I used to experince chaffing from my running shorts. I have found petroleum jelly to be a cheap, readily available solution.
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    On some of my long runs I used to experince chaffing from my running shorts. I have found petroleum jelly to be a cheap, readily available solution.

One of the items that was available at a couple of water stations on the last marathon I participated in (I Ran the half so I saw all of the info on the full too) was vaseline.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts and capri yoga pants in spandex will eliminate the problem. Moving Comfort has great compression shorts that don't cause a muffin top from being too tight around the waist.