Plateau-need advice

Options
At my skinniest, I was 115 and a size 2 or 3. When I finally started to lose weight, I was 178 and a size 14. My goal is to get to 130ish and a size 6, which I think is reasonable.
The first 25 lbs came off really fast, in just 3 months. And I've been stuck there ever since. I've tried different workouts, eating more, eating less, etc. The scale won't budge and neither will my measurements. And now I'm in a big slump because I'm so discouraged.

So what do I do? Do I say this is as good as it gets and try to accept that? Or what else can I do?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit and patience.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    "The evidence presented in this study indicates that even very high and unrealistic levels of metabolic adaptation do not affect
    the timing of weight plateaus. Rather, the seemingly innocuous intermittent loss of dietary adherence results in weight graphs
    with 6-mo plateaus, and these results point to the sensitivity of dietary adherence in determining the kinetics of weight loss."

From: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2570111/Am J Clin Nutr-2014-Thomas-ajcn.113.079822.pdf

Basically, you're probably lacking dietary adherence to your calorie goals. Just buckle down, ensure your accuracy in both your intake and output is as tight as possible.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It seems you are eating enough food to maintain your current weight but not to lose weight. Have you re-adjusted your weekly weight loss goal since losing the first 25 lbs.? What have you set your activity level to in MFP?
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've tried adjusting goals/daily calories. I haven't lost any real weight since March when I was finishing up T25. I went to Insanity then to Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I'm definitely pushing myself when I work out. My normal activity level is lightly active, which hasn't changed.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    What is your weekly weight loss goal?

Are you using a food scale?
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've tried adjusting goals/daily calories. I haven't lost any real weight since March when I was finishing up T25. I went to Insanity then to Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I'm definitely pushing myself when I work out. My normal activity level is lightly active, which hasn't changed.

Then you need to ensure the accuracy of your tracking and in general eat less in terms of calories.