Suggestions for new hair?

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So I've been saving to get my hair dyed/highlighted. I only do it once a year or less in the fall when I go shopping, get a new wardrobe and have a mini makeover.

I've been debating about what to do with my hair...should I do darker brown with caramel color highlights, darker brown with blonde peekaboo highlights or go ombre? Also still working on growing my hair longer so a highlight that will still look good as my hair grows would be awesome...Any suggestions?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I say go with blonde highlights. I have simulated it below.

blCU4Gvl.jpg
  • LightKBH2O
    LightKBH2O Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    May I suggest to try side bangs instead of straight down :)
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm here for more help if you need it.
  • wheird
    Options
    I just tried red highlights and I like them a LOT better.

rC0phUdl.jpg
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'd say caramel/honey highlights would look lovely:-)
  • wheird
    Options
    How I would look with dreadlocks:

Oz7adny.jpg
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Oz7adny.jpg

Fan freekintabulous! :laugh:
  • SheGlows
    Options
    Gorgeous, dahling. Going blonde now, too, eh?
  • wheird
    Options
    Gorgeous, dahling. Going blonde now, too, eh?

I am a natural blonde, hahahaha.
  • SheGlows
    Options

That's not what your beard says

original-23078-1380057430-30.jpg
  • wheird
    Options

That's not what your beard says

original-23078-1380057430-30.jpg

My beard has blonde, red, and black in it. It is a dirty, confused, liar.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Oz7adny.jpg

2vsgfad.jpg

here you are with a red mohawk
  • wheird
    Options
    I look like a chicken in both pictures. :(
  • SheGlows
    Options

That's what all dirty, confused liars say. I'm onto you, wheird. I'm onto you.

Btw, OP - Your hair is absolutely beautiful the way it is now. Just thought I'd throw that out there!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I look like a chicken in both pictures. :(

I think you are sending yourself subliminal messages
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    So I've been saving to get my hair dyed/highlighted. I only do it once a year or less in the fall when I go shopping, get a new wardrobe and have a mini makeover.

I've been debating about what to do with my hair...should I do darker brown with caramel color highlights, darker brown with blonde peekaboo highlights or go ombre? Also still working on growing my hair longer so a highlight that will still look good as my hair grows would be awesome...Any suggestions?

If you're not into maintenance and upkeep, then peekaboo would be best. Your profile picture has a lot of very heavy and short layers in the front, if you're going to grow out your hair I would suggest cutting the length more to be more in balance with your shorter layers. Your hair at the nape of your neck is going to turn into a long tail if you don't bring that up some. It will also look nicer with peekaboo if the back and front lengths weren't such drastically different lengths. Softer and longer layers (past the jaw) and less face framing, and softer bangs (side swept would be good) would compliment any highlighting technique you decide on.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    May I suggest to try side bangs instead of straight down :)
    You know I did used to have bangs that were kind of swept to the side. Somehow they evolved into straight down bangs...I have even thought about growing them out and not having bangs...then I look back at pictures of me when I didn't have bangs and I thank God that bangs were ever invented.

They started going more straight down/forward when Zooey Deschanel comments started becoming a daily occurrence. She's pretty so I just never changed them.
  • wheird
    Options

That's what all dirty, confused liars say. I'm onto you, wheird. I'm onto you.

Btw, OP - Your hair is absolutely beautiful the way it is now. Just thought I'd throw that out there!

I'm going to assume that you're flirting with me here.

tumblr_lriek103P21qi5r5io1_500.gif
  • DMadelineP
    DMadelineP Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have you tried dying it red!? Sounds like it would be beautiful because of your complexion. And straightening it. Whole. New. Look... Whole. New. You.
    Classy, representative of a whole new decade in your life. A new you, a new chapter.
    :)
    Ombré from brown to honey caramel would look beautiful as well- especially if you made your hair more wavy... Nothing beats ombré with long, loose waves you can easily do with braiding it overnight and straightening the bangs in the morning. Or, no bangs or side bangs.
    The bangs look good on you, but I can not help but wonder how good you'd look with your hair out of your face, it would probably look great because you don't have anything to hide!!!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    you are cute as fvck

i agree with whoever said go red poison ivy comic book red would be perfect