juicing

Options
Is anyone juicing out there along with their diet??? I love to juice for a snack and is wondering what anyones thoughts on juicing are

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I've always thought eating the fruit and/or veggies is better than juice. I know you can pack a lot of nutrients into a glass...but I'm one of those people who'd rather get the fiber and the feeling of satiety from eating fruits/veggies. My two cents.
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about steriods. My bad.
  • JDF125
    JDF125 Posts: 13
    Options
    sorry to disappoint everyone that its not about steroids lol!!! Mseel1984 I hear what your saying but I have been doing it off and on for about a month and I just love the taste and how i can eat a ton of veggies with out feeling like a rabbit!
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When I drink my green juice, I like to add protein powder to it. And I tend to drink it as snack. Gives me the extra vitamins and nutrients I need, plus more protein. And I don't eat junk food when I do that.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    As long as you make sure to accurately account for all the calories, there shouldn't be any detriment. It sounds like you're eating reasonably and having juice once a day, right?
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Blending > Juicing
  • Infamous624
    Infamous624 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love juicing but can never do it as a meal, I definitely need the texture of food. Juicing is good though to get a lot of veggies into one glass at once!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Every now and then (maybe twice/week) I have a green juice (celery, cucumber, kale, ginger, and lemon) as a snack. It's a great afternoon pick me up... And as someone else said, blending is "better" as you get the fiber since juicing strips the produce of its fiber. But I'm not sure why it needs to be one or the other...
  • Statistafunk
    Options
    I actually started doing it months back. However, Opposite to the "fully juicing experience" I keep the pulp. I usually use the juice as a meal replacement and the pulp keeps me more full through out the day. Plus, keeping the pulp gives you so much more nutrients than not keeping it.. not to mention it helps your digestive system. I have lost about 9 pounds since I started using it as a breakfast or a lunch replacement (month or so). I would suggest that you try both..If its more of a "snack juice" then its without the pulp, but if its a meal replacement then keep the pulp. It will keep you satisfied!

Good luck!

P.S- I use the blender :D
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it, as long as you treat it as a supplement to food, and not food itself. If you like the taste of it, go for it, it's an alternate way to get extra nutrients in. But don't try to replace whole meals with it, or think it holds the magical key to weightloss. That's just crazy.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I hate doing dishes and juicing looks like a mess to clean up..I've avoided it for now.
    Plus, I like eating my foods!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about steriods. My bad.

So did I. Glad I wasn't a smutchz on my own.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I take the juice on my breakfast and one time at evening. Juice is beneficial for the body and juicing is considered as liquid nutrition also, Because it doesn't contain fruits and vegetables only, it includes nuts and seeds also.