Small pleasures

Options
Happy Friday everyone. Do you have any little pleasures when it comes to food?

Here's one of mine: citrus in the mornings. I've been sick all week, and I had been hoping to get off work today due to snow and have a nice long three-day weekend. Well, the storm mostly passed us by, and it was business as usual. I was dragging my feet, procrastinating on MFP, and then when I couldn't put off leaving any longer, I grabbed a couple clementines and started to peel one. Ahhhh, it was fantastic. The little orangey droplets spraying everywhere . . . free aromatherapy, perked me right up.

It's the little things that count :D

Replies

• cyclone4731
    cyclone4731 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with oranges...only in the afternoon during that half way point between lunch and leaving work.

That and pasta. Growing up in an Italian family, I was taught from a young age that pasta makes everything better. :smile:
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i just had 2 clementines....delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • luvmypoochie
    Options
    I loved your post, could feel the orange droplets spraying and could smell the orange...really looking forward to eating mine at snack. Life is about all the little things. Never take anything for granted! Have a wonderful day!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I always have an orange with breakfast...

But my favorite cooking thing is the smell when you walk into the house and I have a pot of chicken soup cooking. Or the heat from the charcoal as I fire up the steaks.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Growing up in an Italian family, I was taught from a young age that pasta makes everything better. :smile:

Oh, me too. Back before puberty, when I was swimming year-round and I could eat whatever I wanted, my family used to say I had a hollow leg where I stored all the pasta I ate. I love all the shapes haha :)
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My morning cup of coffee :)
    Oh and I've realized that it actually is possible to eat ONE Oreo cookie!!! Who knew?? mmmm Oreo :)
  • cyclone4731
    cyclone4731 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh and I've realized that it actually is possible to eat ONE Oreo cookie!!! Who knew?? mmmm Oreo :)

You are my hero if you can only have one cup of coffee and especially one Oreo. Oreos and German Chocolate cake is like Kryptonite for me.
  • luvmypoochie
    Options

Wow, only one oreo...that is quite an accomplishment...I wouldn't dare to even try...lol
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love all your responses! We need some positivity about food around here :)