I have lost zero pounds on the scale.

Options
tumblr_naed2uqV8S1qcfg8oo3_250.jpgtumblr_naed2uqV8S1qcfg8oo4_250.jpg

30 days later:

tumblr_naed2uqV8S1qcfg8oo1_250.jpg
tumblr_naed2uqV8S1qcfg8oo2_250.jpg

So that this might be helpful to anyone else:
I followed the Sexypants guide on here almost to a T- I ate 20% less than my TDEE and exercised daily (except when I didn't- usually once a week. Your body knows when it needs a rest day). For exercise I strength trained and did Couch to 5k. I also did yoga for my posture, because I had chronic "sitting-at-a-desk-iris".

There's nothing fancy here. Gimmicks don't make change.

Replies

• merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yep! Truth^^^^
    Great job! Success isn't measured by the scale alone!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    There's nothing fancy here. Gimmicks don't make change.

^Truth.

Sounds like you've got a well-rounded routine with strength, cv and flexibility.

Good aesthetic changes are already happening - keep on, keepin' on!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Big visual difference :-)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I hope those who think they have to starve themselves and workout to excess read this.

Thanks for sharing.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You look great, nice work! :flowerforyou:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • mooms510
    mooms510 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes this is helpful.
    And you look fit and that is fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Andrewswife2011
    Andrewswife2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That is great! Is there any specific program or routine you follow for strength training?
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    that's amazing progress for such a short period of time. it also makes me feel better about the scale not budging. GREAT JOB!
  • ColourfulFiasco1
    ColourfulFiasco1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is great! Is there any specific program or routine you follow for strength training?

I used to be terrified of lifting, but I have 5 and 25 lb weights at home and I follow videos from pop sugar fitness. I just bought a book on lifting for women so hopefully I'll be confident enough to use weights in the gym soon!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's slowly but surely coming around to me that the scale number doesn't make as big a difference as other things. I've lost like 2lbs in the last month but been doing strength training and cardio five days per week. 2lbs, yet everyone has been commenting like the other times I lost 30 minus the training.

Thank you for posting and it makes me excited for the gym tomorrow!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

I used to be terrified of lifting, but I have 5 and 25 lb weights at home and I follow videos from pop sugar fitness. I just bought a book on lifting for women so hopefully I'll be confident enough to use weights in the gym soon!
    Girl, you can do it now! :smile: I went in trembling and ready to pee myself, and now I just go in and get to it. All you need is a few times and once you have your routine, FTW! :drinker:
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful and healthy!
  • ColourfulFiasco1
    ColourfulFiasco1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! Congratulations on such an amazing transformation:flowerforyou:
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your amazing story. I was told once that I might not lose much weight but that my body shape would be changing and I would lose inches. I'm finding this to be the case. So, it's nice to know that not everyone loses weight necessarily in order to look great. Keep up the beautiful work of inspiring others with your journey. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!