Binge eating and depression

Options
I just got out of college and I am living with my parents for a year before I go to school for physical therapy. In college, I restricted calories a little too much. It wasn't intentional, I was just busy. I also only bought healthy food for myself. Now, I am living with my parents until I go to graduate school next fall, and they buy a lot of junk food. I work during the week but I am very isolated most of the time at work and at home. I was in a running club, but I was running so much I had no time for family or friends or work, and it got isolating too. As a result of my boredom, I keep binge eating. I try to keep myself busy, but I get tired running around everywhere just to stay out of my house. I end up getting tired of fighting to stay away from my house and food all day every day and I come home and eat everything. I want to break this cycle before I gain anymore weight and get more depressed. Does anyone have advice for me?

Replies

• limitless1995
    Options
    I had the same problem,and i know it sucks.I would work hard at the gym and then come home be bored as hell and just bimge.
    Itd tough to brake the cycle,but you have to brake it asap,the sooner the better.

Now the problem here is that you probably binge on junk food,which has lots of fat and sugar in it,anf then when you try to eat better next day,you eat cleaner,that means less fat,and then your hormons start to kick your *kitten*.
    You just gotta ressist the temptation,and understand that you are supposed to feel like that.
    I know its hard,but aftet a few days it gets easyer.
    I hope this helped you.And remember,when the urge comes,dont fight it,dont ignore it,understand it,accept it,and go trough it.
    You can do it.
    If you want add me and we can talk when you feel down :)

P.s. Sorry for my english
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Tell your parents that they have too much junk around and see if that helps. Parents do not want heavy kids, so they might surprise you.
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If it's truly binge eating and not just overeating out of boredom, seek a therapist who specializes in binge eating.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Maybe offer to go to the grocery with them, so you can pick out healthier options. Also, offer to cook, as this will help your parents out as well. As far as binge part, you are the only one that can take control of that and if you find you can't, then you may need some help there professionally.
    Best of luck!