Introduction (An Attempt to Stop Sabotaging Myself)

Options
Hello everyone.

I've been on MFP (off and on) for about three years now. Over the course of the three years I've managed to lose roughly 50lbs and keep it off, but every time I hit 195lbs, I end up sabotaging myself from going any further. Two months ago, I hit 193lbs and was THRILLED...

And promptly fell off the wagon. I'm back between 197-200.

Now I'm trying to find accountability partners. I don't really have anyone who's taking this journey with me in my day-to-day life, so I'm hoping that I can find people here who will be willing to challenge me to stay the course, no matter what excuse or stress comes my way. I don't know exactly what's stopping me mentally from getting below 193, but I am determined to be able to do it.

Replies

• pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Happy to support! Though are you logging regularly? If not, you totally should. I just peeked at your diary and you haven't put anything in the last few days...
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was logging regularly until I fell off the wagon, and am starting to log regularly again today. I used a lot of excuses to stop logging, but don't want to have that happen anymore.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Fair enough. Logging is the only thing that keeps me vaguely on the straight and narrow so I do understand! Even then it's not foolproof, but I'm sure you can do it :) What do you do exercise and food wise as a regular sort of thing?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need a account partner too.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    (Again, this is all before I fell off the wagon! I haven't been good about food or exercise in the past two months or so.)

I was doing Insanity (Shaun T drives me nuts though), playing tennis, and bike riding until it became ridiculously hot and humid. I live in Florida. However, again with the excuses, so I want to get back into at least bike riding! I used to ride my bike to work -- a 16 mile ride -- which I absolutely loved.

In terms of food, I'm mostly just trying to eat better portion sizes and incorporate more protein/veggies and less sugar into my diet. I was entirely off of sugars for a while, which I really loved; I didn't get cravings for chocolate/sweets at all.

My goals are to eat within my calorie budget and try to fit things back into my macros, rather than eating a load of crummy stuff, and to add bike riding at least 3 times a week, for at least a 6 mile ride, which is the circuit I take around my area of Orlando.
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can identify with you.... it would be beneficial to figure out what is holding you back. I found that being obesity/ overweight serves an emotional function for me. I'm tackling those issues head on this time around. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • ronnie39
    ronnie39 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I write lots of comments, and am supportive. For me writing every little thing helps me. It is the only way I can be accountable to myself. I hate having to write every bite, but when I do, the weight does come off, so there is a definite connection.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am on here daily so feel free to add me :happy:
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on your success so far! I you want another friend in the struggle count me In. I heard it said what we can't do alone we can all do together

Feel free to add me

Mark