One Year, 100+ lbs Off [Pics]

Options
Eli716
Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
I started last year, July 16, 2013 when I weighed myself and saw that the scale said, 295.5 lbs. Of course, my mind was blown away. There was only one thing that went through my mind at that point, "I'm not going over 300 lbs." From that day, I started a crash diet and lost ~12 lbs in the first month and nothing more. Then my girlfriend showed me this site that led me to join on August 8th of last year. Best decision I had ever made. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of me at my heaviest. However, in two days, I would have taken my first picture of myself. Although it is obvious that my progress has slowed down dramatically since the beginning, I have only ~40 lbs left to lose. Life is becoming a balance beam now that I have a job!

Enjoy the WIP Progress from Then to Now:
08-19_1.png09-25_1.png10-28_1.png11-30_1.png12-31_1.png14-01-31.png14-02-28.png14-03-31.png14-4-30.png14-05-31.png14-06-30.png14-07-31.png

So, for the ALMOST 365 WIP progress of the pictures I've been taking:
1_Year.png

I have more energy than I did a year ago... I am now an exercise-holic, which many friends here WARN me to be careful as I tend to get hurt sometimes for overdoing it. My regime is like everyone else: Eat better and exercise.

My reason to lose weight is because I've come to realize that I wasn't happy where that path was taking me. More than anything, I want to have a child at a healthy weight. I may not have a guy yet, but I'm working in that direction as my confidence continues to skyrocket with each milestone I've been hitting! :wink:

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Go YOU!

Fantastic accomplishment.

I also began this journey just a few pounds away from 300! I was absolutely shocked when I saw those numbers on the scale.
    Joining MFP has helped me so much on this journey to fitness. I so look forward to being as successful as you are.

Great job!

Wonderful that you thought about taking pictures during the process.
  • heidifritz627
    heidifritz627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations....yiu look FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!! Keep up the awesome work....ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!:happy:
  • BreeeRN
    BreeeRN Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    AMAZING transformation! Good for you!!! You must be so proud! :)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! That is SUCH a huge accomplishment and you must feel great. Congrats!!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    great transformation!!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    you've done a great job!
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow.
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job. Congratulations and keep persevering.
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, awesome weight loss, you look amazing.. :flowerforyou:
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! You did it!! Thanks for leadin the charge

mark
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! That's wonderful! Keep up the fabulous work, and terrific news about more energy!!
  • Meredith8684
    Meredith8684 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You rock! I'm so glad you decided to change your life, what amazing work. I had a huge grin on my face watching you disappear in your awesome progress photos. Good job, and keep enjoying how much better you feel and that awesome shot of self confidence!
  • redles13
    redles13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just flat out awesome!!!....Great effort and discipline.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are awesome! GREAT WORK!
  • cabbage1234
    cabbage1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that you are an inspiration, and thank you for sharing your goal- to get in shape for when the right time to have a kid comes. That is a really awesome goal!! Plus eating healthy and exercising, the right way to lose weight. You are amazing!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Awesome ! You look GREAT ! !

Next picture....smile !
    You MUST be happier !
  • bmcross23
    Options
    Awesome work! I've been focusing on "enjoying the journey" and following the process project. I think you're an awesome inspiration for it! http://www.emilylongstrong.com/blog/the-process

Thank you for sharing your progress!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Your dedication is inspiring!! Congratulations!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You look amazing!
  • JenQqQ
    JenQqQ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!