STRUGGLING TO GET MY MOTIVATION BACK

Options
It's sooo hard to stay on track. I cannot believe that I allowed myself to wash all of that hard work that I did down the drain. I nearly gained all of the weight that I lost back and its so hard to keep going. I work out for two, three days and then I don't work out for weeks. I still have the desire to lose weight, but I cannot get the umph that I once had. I think about it all day everyday but putting it in action is so hard at times. I am not beating myself up but I am speaking on it because if I don't then it will eat me up inside. Any suggestions?

Replies

• matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yup. Knock it off.

You did it before. You've already done it. Find your rhythm and don't accept excuses from yourself. You're the only one who can motivate you. Get to it.
  • RainbowandSunshine
    Options
    My outlook: I workout because I love it not because I have too. I make workouts fun & sing and dance. Loosing weight comes along with it. When I workout It's my time to focus on me. It is a part of my life everyday......that's why there is no finish line. Love what you do & everything will fall into place. :D
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Reeeeally think about what will happen if you don't get back into your groove. How bad do you want this? Commit to yourself. You deserve it! You've fallen off the horse. I fall off the horse ten times a day, whether it's how I'm thinking, or what I eat, or whatever. The key is getting back on every single time. TRULY forgive yourself and move on. This is a learning process. I know how to be fat and lazy. I'm still learning to be the healthy and fit mama I want to be. It's not easy but it's worth it! Keep it up! You got this! :-)
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yup. Knock it off.

You did it before. You've already done it. Find your rhythm and don't accept excuses from yourself. You're the only one who can motivate you. Get to it.

I understand and thank you for your advice. If I could find my rhythm then I wouldn't post. I do not believe that I am the only one that can motivate me. that is what these forums and the site is all about. I also understand tuff love but this is not helping. if it was that simple for most of us, then there will be no need for a site such as this.
  • queenstatus
    Options
    My outlook: I workout because I love it not because I have too. I make workouts fun & sing and dance. Loosing weight comes along with it. When I workout It's my time to focus on me. It is a part of my life everyday......that's why there is no finish line. Love what you do & everything will fall into place. :D

I used to feel that I loved to work out. when I workout I also feel that it is my time to focus on me. it used to be a part of my daily life everyday but then there was things that got out of wack in my life and it was a downhill spiral every since. I think about working out when I don't work out but so many things get in the way kids sciatica etc... I just want to get this under control once again because I know that it is still in me. I really do want it
  • queenstatus
    Options

That is why I used to workout too because I love it. I had fun when I worked out and I felt good that I did it and I feel good whenever I do it.. That was the time that I focused on me too. it was a part of my life--Everyday. I just moved two months ago from NY to GA and when I was in NY the only time that I had to go out and workout was 345am but it is totally too dark for me to go out that time of morning here. I cannot seem to find the time to workout here and it is really getting depressing. I workout when I can but it's not enough for me.