51 yo women, starting today 18/08/2014 wanting support

Options
smh1963
smh1963 Posts: 34 Member
:smile: Hi , need to lose at least 15 kgs, tried lots of "diets" , now want to do it the right way, with good food and exercise and buddies. Who would like to join this journey with me :drinker:

Replies

• dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm also 51 and have been finely successful with MFP. I still have about 12 lbs to lose and finding it slow going. Feel free to friend me here. I have a great group of supportive friends here and I'm sure you'll find others in the same boat. Cheers!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting a new job in a week and hope to get back into a more healthy routine as well. You can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • smh1963
    Options
    thanks guys , really appreciate the support, Im from new Zealand, where are you, new to this , so hopefully get to use it properly :)
  • smh1963
    Options
    wow you are doing so well ,
  • smh1963
    Options
    wow great weight loss, hope I can do as well
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the women over 50 forum. Lots of great support and chatty women who all have the same goal, to be healthy
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1401019-women-ages-50-for-august-2014
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I joined two years ago. I was really frustrated at the age of 56. My weight would not budge. I watched my daughter in law take off a significant amount of weight and this is what she used. I was very pleased with how easy it is to keep up with. No meetings, no fancy shakes or supplements to buy....eat what you like but COUNT it and every exercise counts AGAINST what you it! It's great!!! I've been very pleased. I lost 22 pounds in about 8 months. I have gone up and down a few pounds over the past two years but when I feel the weight creeping up I just get back on board and watch what I'm doing.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 55, and keep coming back.

Sharon
  • smh1963
    Options
    hi , all day 2, going well , my daughter is also going to join in soon , she just waiting for her internet to be connected after moving house. So will have some support there as well
  • smh1963
    Options
    How often do you all do a weigh in ,...once a week ? or......
  • wangxiaoling5
    wangxiaoling5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 28 and I would like to be your buddy ! :D

Let's do it ! I need to lose 12 pounds.
  • smh1963
    Options
    awesome thanks
  • wangxiaoling5
    wangxiaoling5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, after going to the bathroom. (I read that this way is the most accurate)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turned 50 in June! You all can add me for support if you like!!
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 51. I had always been told you can't lose weight after menopause, I believed it. Last April I was told i was prediabetic and I had a talk with myself and decided I had to do something drastic which I did. My sugar is now normal although I still have weight to lose. I am soo impressed with everything I have learned about proper nutrition that I am going back to school to study nutrition!

Feel free to add me if you wish to.
  • dlbonomo
    dlbonomo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend..... :). I started last week.... It hasn't been too difficult.....
  • smh1963
    Options
    thanks for support everyone , still trying to work my way around here. Its awesome being able to track everything, its makes it so much easier keeping on track. Off to the pool soon for a couple of hours, then home to walk the dogs. have a great day all
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :-) Sounds like you've made a good start :-) Add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm 51 (Birthday last week, they just keep coming round!). Have about 70lbs to lose. Been here just shy of two months and it's great :-)
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 and have been back for about a month now and have lost a few pounds. It works if you stick with it! Please feel free to add me and anyone else who's interested.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am 58. I have 40 pounds to lose. I have been here 58 days and I have learned sooo much! I will send you a friend request. Good luck! You are in the right place!:flowerforyou: