One man’s Views & Opinions

Options
I have been on MFP a little over 4 months and this site has really helped me take my weight loss to the next level. I enjoy reading the post and great discussions about hot topics, or simply looking at the before and after success stories. Recently I have observed many postings that have great topics of discussion and somewhere within the discussion it goes south. It is discouraging to see post's turn negative, because there might be that one person that just joined and reads that negativity and turns them away from the site. The majority of us choose this site to find support, motivation, encouragement, and friends that can relate to the struggles and accomplishments in this weight loss journey.

Let’s not lose focus on why we use the site and let’s try to keep things positive. We can focus on posting something that motivates, inspires, and/or makes something click within others that can possibly help that individual move past that barrier or push them away with unkind words and comments.

Let’s pay it forward…

Replies

• RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP a little over 4 months and this site has really helped me take my weight loss to the next level. I enjoy reading the post and great discussions about hot topics, or simply looking at the before and after success stories. Recently I have observed many postings that have great topics of discussion and somewhere within the discussion it goes south. It is discouraging to see post's turn negative, because there might be that one person that just joined and reads that negativity and turns them away from the site. The majority of us choose this site to find support, motivation, encouragement, and friends that can relate to the struggles and accomplishments in this weight loss journey.

Let’s not lose focus on why we use the site and let’s try to keep things positive. We can focus on posting something that motivates, inspires, and/or makes something click within others that can possibly help that individual move past that barrier or push them away with unkind words and comments.

Let’s pay it forward…

Well Said
  • CJWirth09
    CJWirth09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    100% agree. Thank you!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i agree! i am here for the motivation and support and hate to see discouraging words from others. great post :)
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im happy someone brought this to light. It has happen to me before. Some people can be weird!