Please recommend good Protein Bars/Powers - UK people

Options
I am really trying to work on building more protein into my diet. I have chicken, turkey, nuts and greek yogurt covered but sometimes I have extra calories left over in the evening for a snack and it seems I am consistently lagging in my protein stats.

Can anyone recommend a good protein bar that is not high in sugar blah blah blah you know what I mean lol.

I know the US folks rave about Quest bars but I have not been able to find them in the UK.

Thanks in advance and have a healthy week.

Replies

• markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I found quest bars on amazon in the uk. Am pretty sure if they do it, others will

I get my powder from myprotein and they do all sorts of other stuff too
  • vickee13
    vickee13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Quest bars or homemade bars. Recipes on The Diet Kitchen, taste all the better cause you've made them yourself. You can also make the flavours you want and they are cheaper!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Online is definitely your best option - much more choice and better value. Amazon has loads - and indeed have all the favlours of Quest bars.

Other online stores I use are:

www.musclefood.com
    www.theproteinworks.com
    www.myprotein.com
    www.bulkpowders.co.uk

For protein powders, The Protein Works has the widest range of flavours and whey 80 is a good basic protein powder which is great value.

If you're looking for high street options, then Holland & Barrett sell a range of protein bars such as Nestle Power Bar and USN, as well as their own brands. They're expensive full price but certain items often come up in the multibuy offers. They sell their own brand of whey (Precision Engineered) which is usually on special offer, but even when it's half price it still works out more expensive than buying online from the stores listed above. The flavours are also the least pleasant of any I've tried.

GNC also sometimes have good offers on protein bars. I've not bought powders from them as it all costs a lot more than online.
  • KarenJanine
    Options
    If you're interested in making your own bars then Protein Pow (http://proteinpow.com/) is a great site for recipes. The author is based in the UK so the ingredients are all things that should be fairly easily available to you (some may need to be bought online).
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh wow soooo many options, thank you guys!

I will have a look on those sites and figure out what will work best, I definitely don't want to spend that much more on groceries than I already do so making them myself when I have the time sounds great, then buy a few for back up.
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Quest is pretty expensive over here but I love it - the cheapest I found it was around £22/box on predatornutrition.com (still pretty pricey)

HOWEVER - recently discovered atlanticsupplements.com which is selling Quest Bars for £17.99 a box - the site appears to have good reviews so I think I'm going to use them from now on :)
  • KarenJanine
    Options
    Quest is pretty expensive over here but I love it - the cheapest I found it was around £22/box on predatornutrition.com (still pretty pricey)

HOWEVER - recently discovered atlanticsupplements.com which is selling Quest Bars for £17.99 a box - the site appears to have good reviews so I think I'm going to use them from now on :)

Thanks for the tip - that is a good price!
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are 21 per box on musclefoods.com