Looking for some friends

Options
Hi everyone! I joined in the past and only lasted a few days. Feeling motivated again though as I'm close to my all-time high (224 right now, 5'9"). :cry: I'm reaching out to get some support so I can start with a good foundation. I am 37 and have three kids (10, 7, 4). I have a wonderfrul boyfriend who also wants to get healthy (he has Celiac, so I'd love to connect with anyone doing this Gluten Free too). I'm debating about getting the UP24 (like fitbit) to help me track activity and keep me motivated. So I'd love to hear from anyone doing something similar to that too. I am really wanting to change my lifestyle, not just my diet and I plan to drag my family along with me :wink: Please send me a friend request if you'd like to connect!

Replies

• Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • lanailun
    lanailun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new at this as well. Not sure how the friend requests work:ohwell: but I would love to meet members. Weight loss is always easier with a buddy.
  • Ameenasmum24
    Ameenasmum24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well just looking for some support when I'm having a moment and we can help each other
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friends request. I am in a similar situation and am looking to build a support network as well.
  • GisellaWinchester
    GisellaWinchester Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am trying to drag my family with me as well, not very easy but i keep trying.
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I joined in the past and only lasted a few days. Feeling motivated again though as I'm close to my all-time high (224 right now, 5'9"). :cry: I'm reaching out to get some support so I can start with a good foundation. I am 37 and have three kids (10, 7, 4). I have a wonderfrul boyfriend who also wants to get healthy (he has Celiac, so I'd love to connect with anyone doing this Gluten Free too). I'm debating about getting the UP24 (like fitbit) to help me track activity and keep me motivated. So I'd love to hear from anyone doing something similar to that too. I am really wanting to change my lifestyle, not just my diet and I plan to drag my family along with me :wink: Please send me a friend request if you'd like to connect!
    [/quote

Hi I've tired MFP before and was the same lasted maybe a week. This time I am active with the friends I met on here and participate in some of the group challenges which keep me motivated and accountable. It has really helped, I'm 5' 3" starting weight in July was 252, I'm currently at 226. Long way to go but the people on here have been very motivating.

I have also purchased a fit bit that I love to keep track of my activity. Good luck on your journey, you can do it! Feel free to friend me if you would like.
    Trudy
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Anyone here,

Please feel free to add me. I am on every day and am highly motivated. I do low carb so I eat gluten every once in a while by not much. I have been on and off of here plenty of times but making friends has made a world of difference to me. Click my name by my picture and it will give you the option to send a message or a friend request.
  • jjmaciej117
    jjmaciej117 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP as well....looking for friends for motivation and helpful advice!
  • fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well (or at least new to acutally using MFP) I sent requests to all on this post.

I'm just going into week 3 and am getting a little more comfortable with the site.

I love the fact that you can put in your own recipe and calculate the nutritional value. This is helping me tremendously because I like to cook.