Summertime and the livin is easy...

Options
NS81
NS81 Posts: 192 Member
Does anyone else have trouble staying motivated in the summer?

I'm not even sure it's a motivation issue, as much as a "break all good habits that have been forming" issue. We camp often, and generally with no electricity, and fairly "off the grid" - cell phones stay on for emergency use, and generally in the car unless it's during a hike (taken purely for safety use) Often, without service in the area we stay.

We have many "summer events" - BBQ's, concerts, children's places etc - and while some people are really great at planning ahead, and packing a cooler of healthy choices - we like to take last minute, not planned at all "hey, let's keep on driving and go to the beach!" type of trips... and quite frankly, it's one of the main things I love about this life. Currently, I have everything you need for camping in the back of my car - it's always ready to go!

Even then, I'm never going to be a salad person (I like salad, I eat it etc, but give the choice between a burger, or a salad, I'll most likely choose the burger - unapologetically even!)

I was doing really well 41 lbs ago - logging each bite when I bit it - and making better choices - but summer has proven to be difficult. I'm still losing, but at a much slower pace - Everything is a choice, but truthfully, I think I'm okay with it... I'm loving life, and having fun - Maybe in the winter I'll get back on a more strict track... I'm in awe of others on here, and the incredible drive they have...

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm loving life, and having fun

Then you are doing fine.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are living life to its fullest! awesome!
    Dont worry, summer is almost over, you should be back to the same old routine soon enough.

I know what you mean though about staying motivated. I dont really have trouble with it, BUT I aways feel like I could be doing something else much more fun than spending my summer weeknights at the gym and working out 6 days a week... oh well, guess its what I got to do if I wanna feel confident in a bikini :-/
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Then you are doing fine.
    I agree!
  • NS81
    Options

Then you are doing fine.
    I agree!

Thanks, guys! I sure hope so...
  • NS81
    Options
    sounds like you are living life to its fullest! awesome!
    Dont worry, summer is almost over, you should be back to the same old routine soon enough.

I know what you mean though about staying motivated. I dont really have trouble with it, BUT I aways feel like I could be doing something else much more fun than spending my summer weeknights at the gym and working out 6 days a week... oh well, guess its what I got to do if I wanna feel confident in a bikini :-/

Oh, but to look good in a bikini... one of the things that makes me slightly question my summer habits, thus far... Congrats to you on your determination!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If you are still loosing albeit more slowly that is a success :flowerforyou: Just jeep walking. Running on a sand beach is a helluva a workout. Swimming is a workout. To hell with the gym. You have nature around you
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. I say that of Summer... but then it's the Holidays... there's always an excuse unfortunately :(
  • NS81
    Options
    If you are still loosing albeit more slowly that is a success :flowerforyou: Just jeep walking. Running on a sand beach is a helluva a workout. Swimming is a workout. To hell with the gym. You have nature around you

Thank you, Nature is a wonderful thing!
  • NS81
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. I say that of Summer... but then it's the Holidays... there's always an excuse unfortunately :(

It's true, there's always an excuse you could use... holidays don't tend to be one for me - or at least haven't in the past... fingers crossed that remains true! lol Thank you!