Drinking enough water...

Options
I love water but I also drink quite a bit of coffee. Plain Foldgers with nothing added in, can I count that in my daily water calculations? I never have but I had been wondering about it...

Also, what are your thoughts on water flavor packets? I usually use about 1 per day...

Replies

• Thorneapple
    Options
    I wouldn't advise counting coffee since caffeine is a diuretic and can help dehydrate you. The crystal light should be OK, but try to make at least half of your water intake straight up water.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't count coffee as water intake. Caffeine is a diuretic.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee as water, but that's just personal preference I guess, no reason with anything scientific to add. I don't like the packets b/c hey have artificial sweetners and flavors and I am anti-artificial anythinng :)
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sorry, coffee doesn't count :(
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I searched this topic last night as well and coffee, tea, milk, etc... don't count. Water is just water. I'm not sure about the flavor packets. I'm not a fan, but I don't know that they hurt anything. I just like my hydrogen and oxygen molecules naked. But they do make me have to pee alot! :embarassed:
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I normally get my 64 oz a day straight but I do drink coffee too, I was just wondering :D